Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeezKneez133
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

-Roku device model - 4670X Roku Ultra

-serial number - Y001A193440

-device ID - KW9981193440

-and software OS/version - 10.5.0 build 4201-46

BeezKneez133
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I say.......for every day that our devices are 'bricked' , Roku pays for a month of all of our streaming services.

That'll get them to fix this **bleep**.

Jump to solution

I don’t remember an update but the same thing is happening to me, I have tried all the same things  and still nothing on the screen, mother in-law got the update same model ultra 4600 and hers is working fine, so frustrating!!

dreadprime
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Oh great my other roku 4670X was forced to update yesterday and is totally busted now too. 

Serial number YJ005C498169

VERSION 10.5.0 4201-46

Tracker ID 69-463-289

Same issues as everyone very slow loading of apps or they don't work at all.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lucas_jim
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This happened to me too.  My unit is now a brick!!!!!   I upgraded the Roku Ultra firmware to version 10.5.0 and now nothing streams.  I contacted Roku by Chat, tried the Factory reset they told me would solve the problem, waited the full hour and a half for everything to reset and reload my channels and still - nothing streams!!!!  It's become obvious that this was a bad software release.  Did they not test on every model in their product portfolio?  Did they know there were bugs in the firmware but decided to release it anyway?  I've already started steering my friends away from Roku if they are going to continue releasing untested firmware.  This is ridiculous.  I went from a working unit to a brick.

Thomaso1920
Channel Surfer

Re: Since 11/17/2021 Update Nothing works

Jump to solution

The real solution is ROKU needs to fix the update for all variations of their streaming devices. Do real quality assurance testing and stop beta testing on it's users!

Gheeesh!  Was told from customer service chat that I would get an answer by email.  I asked if the update could be rolled back, didn't get a reply.  

We should be compensated with a new updated Ultra Roku, since it was the Roku update that broke it.  

xvampyrex
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

I have 3 different Roku's in my home: Premier 4, Express 4 and the Ultra. Seems the issue is only happening on my Ultra box. I have rebooted several times, un-installed and re-installed the apps. Hulu, Discovery+ and Peacock for sure do not work, I haven't tried other apps yet. My box is connected to the 5G of my Wi-Fi with excellent signal and there is no option for me to try an connect to the 2.4G and see if that fixes it as I have a mesh system and it automatically puts it on the best band. 

0 Kudos
Eichanod

Re: Roku Ultra November 17th update causing apps to load slowly and some don't work at all.

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra 4670x

SN YJ00FC745721

version 10.5.0 4201-46

ID KWA06F745721

All channels slow to load or unresponsive when loaded. Some videos won't play. Can't even view the Roku "What's New" video.

This one is a FAIL.

Timepoor

Re: Roku Ultra November 17th update causing apps to load slowly and some don't work at all.

Jump to solution

2 4670x got updates today and my Roku TV and all 3 are slow to respond or don't respond at all. Hbo, yttv, yt, prime, roku channel doesn't  matter.

Kind of crazy...

0 Kudos
Kgeorge84

Re: Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Same Roku, same channels, and same issues!! 
In addition: 

ESPN loads and acts just like YouTube does.

Paramount Plus does the same thing as HBO Max. 

NOTE: The update did not cause any issues on our Roku Express, only the Ultras

0 Kudos