Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scb01467
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra Firmware 10.5.0 Needs Patch ASAP - Update

Jump to solution

I find it hard to believe that your 4660X and mine both stopped working at the same time.

I think Roku should figure out why almost all of my apps degraded and release a patch to get back to lasrt month's performance.

I'd be happy to help them debug.  They could send me a verified good 4660X to me and I could check if it corrects my degraded service.

I could also test if a newer model works.

You mention emailing support; I've seen no email address(es) to send problem reports to.

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra Firmware 10.5.0 Needs Patch ASAP - Update

Jump to solution

@scb01467 

Yep, it is very weird that a firmware update would cause such mayhem for a device. I can only hope that the device they send does, in fact, solve the issue.  Here are the links I used to contact Roku support.

Roku Support Info
https://www.roku.com/about/contact

Contact Customer Support
https://support.roku.com/contactus

The above link requires a step through process to "identify" the problem.

Cheers,

dreadprime
Channel Surfer

Re: Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity.

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra 4670X is still having having problems.  It has updated to 10.5 4201-46, but Vudu, Hulu, Disney, HBO Max, Paramount, Youtube all these apps state connection problems and won't load.  Netflix works for some reason.  The other Roku that is still on 10.0 works completely fine.  The dashboard itself is laggy and nothing loads properly there either.  I have done any and all "fixes".  I don't understand how it has gone through two "updates" now and is still broken.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We're currently unable to replicate the issue outline in this thread. If you are still experiencing this issue, are you using an adblock or any other features on your router that may be hindering the connecting to your Roku device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RyanPm40
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No ad blocks or anything fancy. I use the modem Comcast supplied me with no changes. My Chromecasts, Apple TV, LG WebOS, iPhone, Android, PC all work flawlessly. This issue began immediately after my Roku auto-updated. It worked flawlessly before the update. 

Are you sure they are testing the same 4660X hardware that this is occurring on, and no other hardware model?

Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree with Danny … never had any issues before update. Still no luck getting Hulu, Philo, Disney+ and Prime to work.

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

We are experiencing the same network connection problems with HBOMax, Roku Channel, Hulu, & Amazon since the 10.5.0 update on 11.4.21.

Our router does not have adblock installed nor any other enabled router feature that would interfere with the network connection. Netflix does load properly, so that seems to indicate that network connection is not block outside of the Roku device.

Cheers

jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Hoping your team can find a solution. My information as you requested is below,

- Model 4660X

- YJ003W615567

- CK3913615567

- 10.5.0 Build 4198-46

- HBO Max 50.55 Build 6608, Hulu 6.53 Build 3, and YouTube 2.21 Build 94005087 are all affected. 

- Hulu tracker ID 67-451-907. HBO tracker 67-451-910. YouTube tracker 67-451-911

Banner ad does not openBanner ad does not open20211111_144942 (3).jpg- HBO opens very slowly, and once playing a title, it kicks me back to the home screen after about 30 seconds. Hulu never boots up past the logo screen before giving a Network error. See attached images and note that the banner ad that usually displays in the right panel does not open.

TEAllen23
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra: Model 4660 X2

Software version:  10.5.0 build 4187-46

Software Version Issue ID:  48-457-696

Last checked:  November 14 3:23 p.m. EST/ Software Version: 10.5.0/ Build: 4201

Last updated: November 14 3:22 p.m. EST

Channel version:  HBO/Max: Version 50.55 * Build 66008 (takes a long time to load to HBO’s home screen and when it does load, it will not play any of my selections.  When I select something, it jumps back to the HBO/Max home screen.)

Prime Video:  Version 12.0 * build 2021090212 (get internet connection error, then screen loads but when selecting a show to watch, it jumps back to the Roku Home Screen).

The Roku Channel: Version 6.0 * Build 15 (get internet connection error message)

Peacock TV:  Version 2.10 * build 35  (get error message “Something went wrong.  Peacock is currently unavailable.  Please try later.”)

Paramount Plus:  Version 6.1 * build 20211018 (takes a long time to load and when the Paramount home screen pops up and I select a show to watch, I get a “please try again” message.)

Starz: Version 3.15 * build 45  (when trying to connect to Starz, I get this error message: “Connectivity.  Your Roku has lost its internet connection.”)

NETFLIX: Version 5.0 * build 98079422 (This is the only app that will play with no problem!!!)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jamowa52 @RyanPm40 

Thanks for the follow up information.

I'll pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator