Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanPm40
Streaming Star

Re: Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Roku needs to seriously consider allowing users to rollback a software update. It isn't necessary for everything but this is clearly a pattern from Roku, and if they don't want to invest in proper QA testing, then it's the least they could do.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jamowa52, I don't want to speak for Roku, but they're not suggesting you use your phone's hotspot as a solution to the problem.  They just want you to try another network and that usually involves taking the device somewhere else or using a hotspot.  However, I can see how this is going to go.  You'll try it on another network and everything will work fine.  On the off chance it doesn't work on another network then maybe they'll admit the Roku device or update is to blame.

Sorry I can't be any help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

@jamowa52 

You specifically mentioned my suggestion, which does indeed work for many. You're implying, but not saying, that you did the steps and did not get an improvement. Since my suggestion was two pages ago in this thread, I'll recap for others following:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order.

Did you actually do that? You didn't say you did those steps in that order, just that you didn't think the solution worked. So, if you did not do that for each app, actually do it.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Puckguy09

Re: Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity.

Jump to solution

Received notification on my Roku model 4630x today that the 10.5 OS was completed. Now I am unable to remove channels (screen freezes then resets the device, but still same issues), certain (updated or not) are unable to play (simply stating device connection issues).

I have reset the roku, updated affected channels, re-checked the Roku for further system updates. Roku itself says I have excellent internet signal

model: 4630x

serial #: YR000H380031

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4021-29

device ID: 7KA6C0390031

ISP: Centurylink

issue tracker number:31-440-502

this is just one example ABC channel attempting to watch anything on that channel

erjordan

Jump to solution

This worked for me, thank you for sharing. My Roku Ultra was bricked as well. Wouldn’t load any channels after updating to 10.5. 

I hovered over the Netflix app, hit the * button, then selected remove channel. It sat there working on it but never finished. After five minutes of letting it spin it’s wheels, I unplugged the power  cable to the Roku, and plugged it back  in. Netflix was still there, and now all the channels load and behave normally.

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Ultra Firmware 10.5.0 Needs Patch ASAP - Update

Jump to solution

After many emails back-and-forth with Roku Support and implementing many troubleshooting instructions, the support team thinks my Ultra 4660X may be faulty.  They are offering a free Warranty Swap.  Meaning, I send in my current device & they send another Ultra.  I can only hope the solution is as simple as installing another device.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions on this thread.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@erjordan 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.  My Roku Premier devices are working fine it's the Ultra 4660X that is misbehaving.

Since my last post, and many emails back-and-forth with Roku Support and implementing many troubleshooting instructions, the support team thinks my Ultra 4660X may be faulty. They are offering a free Warranty Swap. Meaning, I send in my current device & they send another Ultra. I can only hope the solution is as simple as installing another device.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@renojim 

Thanks for your comments.  I do use my phone's hotspot with a laptop on road trips. But using it as  to test a Roku device is probably not helpful or useful. Plus I really don't want to waste my cellular data on troubleshooting a Roku device problem.

After many emails back-and-forth with Roku Support and implementing many troubleshooting instructions, the support team thinks my Ultra 4660X may be faulty. They are offering a free Warranty Swap. Meaning, I send in my current device & they send another Ultra. I can only hope the solution is as simple as installing another device.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That’s great for the plug-in Roku devices, but I’m having issues on a Roku TV … doubt they will send me a new one 😞

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@jamowa52 

Roku is offering you a warranty replacement on a model 4660? Do they know it's a 4660, or do they only know it's an Ultra (? That model was discontinued in 2018, and came with a one-year warranty. If they are telling you they'll replace a 4660, jump on that offer.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos