Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanPm40
Streaming Star

Re: Multiple channel issues and slowness after 10.5 update

Jump to solution

- Model 4660X

- YJ003W615567

- CK3913615567

- 10.5.0 Build 4198-46

- HBO Max 50.55 Build 6608, Hulu 6.53 Build 3, and YouTube 2.21 Build 94005087 are all affected. 

- Hulu tracker ID 67-451-907. HBO tracker 67-451-910. YouTube tracker 67-451-911

- HBO opens very slowly, and once playing a title, it kicks me back to the home screen after about 30 seconds. Hulu never boots up past the logo screen before giving a Network error. YouTube takes forever to open and then thumbnails are greyed out.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @zathras @RyanPm40,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available. I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RyanPm40
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Unfortunately that patience is wearing thin. This is the second time Roku has put out an update that made my Ultra useless. The first time, opening Netflix on a TV with HDR would brick the whole TV until unplugging it and plugging it back in. That took weeks for you guys to finally fix. Now this. I purchased a Chromecast with Google TV and it has a much better user interface than Roku at a fraction of the cost. Unless Roku resolves this within the next few days, you have lost a customer.

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I downloaded the 10.5.0.4201 update and was very disappointed. It did not solve the problems.

For 10 minutes (count 'em), Hulu, Amazon, Roku Channel, & HBO Max loaded and seemed to work. Walked out of the room, returned, and when I clicked Roku Channel.........same problem occurred.

Roku Support is recommending a full factory reset.  Given the responses in this discussion and others (Roku Ultra Firmware 10.5.0 Needs Patch ASAP, Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity) I expect this recommendation is neither useful nor helpful.

Cheers

11-4-21 Update11-4-21 Update11-9-21 Update11-9-21 Update

0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

See RokuMary-F, Roku Employee post in this discussion. She is requesting user info ... "Our engineering team would like to take a look to see if we can help here." Maybe send her your info? More user replies can't hurt, eh?

Cheers

jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

- Model 4660X

- SN YJ0031289162

- Device ID CK3843289162

- SW 10.5.0 Build 4201-46

Current Channel Problems Loading
- HBO Max V50.55 Build 66008, Hulu V6.53 Build 3, and Amazon V12.0 Build 2021090212, Roku Channel V6.0 Build 15 are all affected.

Channel Errors
- Roku Channel tracker ID 62-453-534. Amazon tracker ID 62-453-538, Hulu tracker ID 62-453-542, HBO tracker 62-453-549 and 62-453-552.

General Issues
- HBO, Amazon & Hulu are the most annoying problems since we pay a premium fee to view them.

HBO opens very slowly, and once I click a title, it kicks me back to the home screen after about 30 seconds.

Hulu never boots up past the logo screen before giving a Network error.

Roku Channel landing page tiles are grayed out & take 30 sec to present an image. But I cannot open a title.

If I remove a channel (as in factory reset), I cannot add it via the Roku device because the Channel Store - Search Channel page returns a "No Search Results" error. So I can only add channels via the Roku website. Then I cannot initiate the channel because it never loads.

Also note in the attached images that the ad panel on the Roku landing page is blank. It never loads.

IP provider speed does not appear to be a contributing factor as I average around 550 Mbps.

See attached images. Also see Support Request #5006379
Cheers

Roku Landing Page - No Rt Ad Panel LoadRoku Landing Page - No Rt Ad Panel LoadAverage SpeedAverage SpeedChannel Search Page does not find common channelsChannel Search Page does not find common channels

jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

@DBDukes

I do not think the solution identified in this discussion is correct.

On my Ultra 4660X there are 4 channels - HBOMax, Hulu, Amazon, & Roku Channel - that will not load since the 10.5.0 update to my Ultra 4660X.  I have experience the same issues as described in this thread and I have deleted/re-installed each channel.

However, since the network connectivity appears to be crippled by the firmware update, I cannot activate any newly installed channel through the Roku device. All attempts to do so result in a network connectivity error.

I should note that prior to the 10.5.0 update on 11/4/21 my Ultra worked flawlessly. Also, all of my other older Roku devices are working fine.

Cheers,

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jamowa52

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team to further investigating.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jamowa52
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

- Model 4660X

- SN YJ0031289162

- Device ID CK3843289162

- SW 10.5.0 Build 4201-46

Hello RokuMary,

I rec'd a recommendation from Roku support regarding my support request #(5006379) about the multiple channel issues after the 10.5.0 firmware update. See attached image of Roku support recommendation.

Roku Support Recommends HotspotRoku Support Recommends Hotspot

I am unsure why they would suggest streaming channels from a network mobile hotspot is the solution to the problem. My older Roku devices stream flawlessly via our broadband IP.

Additionally,

1 - I do not know how to stream my premium channels from the Ultra 4660X Roku device (or PC) to my TV via my cellphone.

2 - My cellphone wireless plan has limited data usage. If I stream premium channel content to my TV via my cellphone hotspot, I will quickly use up my data plan allotment.

3 - Any data streamed in excess of my cellphone plan's limited allotment is charged to me at a premium/higher rate.

4 - It is not clear to me why I would pay higher fees to stream Roku content through my cellphone hotspot when I already pay monthly fees for broadband service connected to my Roku device.

It seems that the problems resulting from the firmware update to my Ultra 4660X should be resolved by Roku so that the network connectivity I had before the update (11.04.21) is the same.

I should not have to pay additional monthly fees to another network to stream Roku content that was working flawlessly through my broadband provider.

What are your thoughts on this suggested solution?

Cheers

0 Kudos
zathras
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah same here. The only improvement to 4201 is Disney+ will sometimes fully load instead of giving me error 42. Still won't paly any video.

I discovered a trick to get Prime working temporarily.  If I change the network to 2.5gHz wireless and then switch back to 5gHz, I can get it to temporarily load, if and only if, the banner ad on the home page loads. You know it will work because you don't get the multilingual no internet messages. 

Under NO circumstances will anything  ever work with a wired connection. Even though it connects and reports an adequate speed. It absolutely does not work. The big is somewhere in your network/and or publishing code. Have your developers look at the network layer code handling and why it works with Netflix. But everything else, including the OS search, Ads, and Feeds are SLOW, or non functional.  A good test is attempting to load the terms and conditions of service. It will always me I don't have an internet connection when I attempt to read them.

Factory reset doesn't fix it.

Removing the ram card doesn't fix it.

None of the OS or App updates has fixed it.

0 Kudos