Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zathras
Channel Surfer

[OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

My Ultra 4660X updated to 10.5 build 4191-46 on 10/28. Now the only channel that works normally is Netflix.

Disney and Hulu won't load (Network error). Criterion channel and HBO Max load but will not stream video AT ALL. Amazon Prime loads, but first displays a network error, and nothing will play when it does finally load.

Roku Search response is glacial. Ad banner on main channel screen is blank. 

Tried reset and unplugging, made no difference. Tried deleting one channel (Hulu) and reinstalling it after a reboot, no change, still reports network error. It's using a 100T ethernet connection with ~90Mbps

Switching to wireless solves a few issues temporarily (banner on main channel page and Search) but the channels still are screwed up. Banner as comes and goes.

My other Roku (4400X) is working just fine with 10.5 4191-17 on wireless at 39Mbps. No issues. My Ultra is severely crippled.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4660X channel issues and slowness

Jump to solution

UPDATE for the following Roku player models: 4660, 4661, 4662, and 4670

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

If you are experiencing channel playback issues on a Roku Ultra models 4660, 4661, 4662, and 4670, we recommend now checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing. 

At this time, we would recommend that you check for a system update through:

Settings > System > System update > Check now

After your device updates, please restart and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue you reported.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

234 REPLIES 234
mergator

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with TCL Roku TV... Have done everything support suggested SEVERAL times and nothing has changed. Now they are ignoring my last few emails pleading for help. I have now started deleting my subscriptions through Roku because I can't access any of them. If I don't get a fix I am saying goodbye to Roku and their horrible customer service forever and switching to a Smart TV. 

zathras
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update: I did a factory reset and after waiting several hours for everything to reload... It's still completely banjaxed. Same errors as before.

Issue ID is 43-442-169.

It really appears as though the network stack is munged.

Blue85wish
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

the ad that usually appears on the home menu, on the right of the channel apps doesn't show up.  apps seem to launch & load A LOT slower.  also, when i try to search shows, movies, or actors, it doesn't load.'t'

update- my roku is doing ok now, but i wouldn't say great. everything works consistently fine as long as it's never turned off. I have my Roku on a power strip, that i turn off every night, but i notice this issue returns every time i turn off my power strip w/ Roku connected. to get it back to normal, i unplug the modem, plug it back up, & wait for the problem to go away, & that doesn't happen immediately. this NEVER happened before the update. i could turn off my power strip w/ my Roku connected to it, turn it back on the next morning & have zero issues.

i decided to write this because i figured it would help someone else. maybe it happening to other people when they unplug their Roku, or turn off a power strip that their Roku is connected to.

Blue85wish
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also have the Roku 4660X, & i'm having the same exact problem. from the second i started the update to 10.5.0 build 4198-46 i thought it was strange that it would take 5mins to complete.

EvilHomer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the 4800 Ultra and seen similar issues. Roku channel works after at least a soft reset. Hard reset got a few videos on Hulu working but Paramount Plus and Hulu are unusable. Not impressed with even the small update that was done a few days ago.
Upgraded to the top of the line box only to have the bottom of the line Firmware make it unusable.

Tags (1)
Blue85wish
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku should really start letting us go back to a previous build of their OS when a new update is this buggy. this is my 1st major problem w/ roku, so i have no idea if they are good at pushing out quick fixes.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yeah, clearly you're new.  Smiley Happy  Roku has never heard of the term "quick fix".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
zathras
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update to the update. It's now been a week since my Living Room box was crippled, first by 4191-43, followed by 4198-43. 

I managed to get Prime to work without the multi-language network error messages and stream ONCE after the factory reset (which took several hours to reload my  channel apps). After that, it went back to not working as before. 

20211105_111158.jpg

Again, my Roku 4 continues to work well on all channels.

Used to love Roku. Now not at all. I've been a user since the model 100. But I'm going to look for another option. Have another issue number, not that it will actually make a difference.20211105_111955.jpg

Tags (1)
zathras
Channel Surfer

Re: Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity.

Jump to solution

I'm having similar issues on my Ultra 4660 since it updated to 4191. 4198 earlier this week didn't address the network issues. Netflix works, Pandora works, but slow AF. YouTube works, also slow. Got Prime to work once after a factory reset. Later on, it stopped working on again with the multi language network error messages.

Local network streaming from my NAS is unaffected, of course. Why Netflix soldiers on while most of the rest "can't even" is interesting. Even their banner ads on the home screen fail to load. Don't really miss those.