Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukfigs
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Same issues with the 10.5 update, TV updated yesterday and now have issues with youtube not loading at all, 55R615 TCL RokuTV has been working fine for ages and they even fixed the Netflix buffering problem with a Netflix app update and now new problems. Is there any way to roll back the update?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Vudu UHD quickly freezes on 10.5.0 4201-39

Jump to solution

@DanielRae

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Bmax1

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Jump to solution

Same thing with me. Tried restarting TV and wifi router (I use wired connection), reinstalling apps but nothing is working. Sharp TV Model LC-50LBU591U Software 10.5.0 Build 4201 Why did you have to touch it, just revert back to previous build, everything worked fine!!!

Update: I restarted my router again. Left everything off for 5-10 min. Restarted my TV, unplugging it from power, and it is back to normal on my end. Fubo, Paramount, HBO are working again.

Update 2: For some reason, restarting my router and reseting connection and system only works for day or two. I realy dont understand why is it taking this long to fix the issue and push another update or even better downgrade to previous version.

Momof1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

This is my second post on this thread. My Roku tv is 3 years old purchased at Costco. Also purchased the extended warranty. Decided to file a warranty claim for this hot mess of a tv.  Might as well try, right? Discovered the warranty does not cover software malfunction. However, the agent did kindly walk me through various ways to get it running. Last resort was a total manufacturing reset. Completed that and did a system restart and good to go. Yesterday turned it on and all is good. Today turned it on. Nothing. Unplugged tv for 10 minutes, did a system restart and up and running again. Who knows tomorrow. Folks, these tvs are never gonna operate correctly now. My personal feeling is that after 2-3 years the sets can’t be updated due to obsolescence. If one were to go back through the threads you may find at each system update, the same issues present with the older models. Thankfully, Black Friday is around the corner. Hubby is giddy to be shopping for a new set. It won’t be a Roku that’s for sure.

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

SAME HERE!!! I'm super annoyed. After a long day at work I just want to relax and watch some TV and I CAN'T. Got the pop up message about the "awesome" upgrade and now my TV is wall decor. All other non Roku TV's are working just fine.

asherer971
Channel Surfer

[OS 10.5] TCL Roku TV channel issues

Jump to solution

2021-11-18 17.06.45 Large.png2021-11-18 17.07.37 Large.pngThis is occurring on everything network related.  I can't search for channels, I can visit the channel store, all of my existing channels don't work.  For example, I get an error on my Peacock channel.  Most channels when you pick them attempt to load then just fail back to the home screen.  The only thing that halfway works is my local media server, but performance on it is around half of what it should be.  I should also add that I have an additional tv in another room with a ROKU stick and it works perfectly.  This seems to be local to my TCL tv.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] TCL Roku TV channel issues

Jump to solution

@asherer971 

Thanks for the post.

It seems like you are having network related issues. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps what you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jcmtravel
Channel Surfer

TCL Roku TV Problem with Roku 10.5 build 4201-30

Jump to solution

Roku Device: TCL 55S423

Serial #yn0009721195

Device id - j4980721195

Software version - 10.5.0 build 420-30

ISP - Xfinity

Router - Xfi Gateway

All channels don't work except Netflix and my whole system is slow and doesn't load very quickly if at all

Jcmtravel
Channel Surfer

Now my Visio with the Roku Ulta has a Problem with Roku 10.5 build 4201-30

Jump to solution

So the update just happened on my bedroom tv a Visio with the roku ulta and it's now it's not working.  You all need to fix this problem...Like NOW!

asherer971
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] TCL Roku TV channel issues

Jump to solution

Yes, I've tried rebooting.  I've also swapped from Wireless to Wired with no difference.  Additionally, a roku stick on the same network on a different tv works perfectly.  My network speeds are what they should be and I've not made any configuration changes.  This seems to be localized to my TCL Roku.  If you look at several forum messages from the last couple of days you'll see a lot of TCL owners with the exact same problem.  This did not occur until directly after the firmware update from a couple of days ago.