Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] TCL Roku TV channel issues

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating this issue that is affecting users with their Roku TVs.

If you haven't already, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issues. I came home Wednesday night and my TCL Roku TV had automatically updated the software and now I can't get to the Roku channel Hulu and many other channels. And it also now takes 5 minutes to get my live TV to come on because all the sudden the new operating system has decided I have no internet even though I do. Then my Roku ultra in my bedroom updated on Thursday and it is doing the same thing. I even tried doing a factory reset on it and now I can't even get to anything. And I've put in emails to support and no one answers. This is ridiculous. I have loved my Roku devices and not had any issues until now and now nothing works all at once.

RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: 10.5 Update issues- needs a fix

Jump to solution

Hi @RKuser45

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL Roku TV Problem with Roku 10.5 build 4201-30

Jump to solution

I have the issue on my Roku ultra and my Roku TCL tv.  Software version 10.5.0 build 4201-30

I have Xfinity internet 75  and I have never had an issue with any of my Roku devices until this software update. It makes me regret buying a television that had Roku built into it. I truly hope they figure out the issue soon.

Model 7117 x - Roku Tv

Serial number: YS00UK681150 (FSU8AU681150)

SOFTWARE VERSION: 10.5.0 BUILD 4201-30

ISSUE ID 50-465-019

This was me just trying to open up Hulu. I have similar issues when I try to open up the Roku channel or watch any live streaming television channel. I am able to open Plex and I can open Paramount Plus. But in both of those apps I also cannot watch live streaming. It always comes back and says I'm not connected to the internet. But I know very well that I am. On my TV in the living room, the ads on the right side of the screen show up when I open up the home screen. In my bedroom the pictures don't even load. The bedroom has the Roku ultra and the stuff above that I typed out is for the Roku TV.

ratchetsup
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noticed in one users screenshot they are on spectrum 5g internet service, I am as well. What all are your guys providers? Possibly related?

ukfigs
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Same issues, slow loading channels, slow youtube, no information in TV Guide, TV signal strength shows 1 bar on all channels which used to be 3/4 bars resulting in picture degradation and pixelization. This is an  unbelievably poor software release with obviously limited testing and no way to roll back to the prior release that worked fine for ages and no way to prevent automatic firmware upgrades. Extended warranty from BestBuy does not cover software so essentially it is an expensive brick. Maybe posting on social media duringf the black Friday sales will get Rokus attention, the stock price is down 40% or so from a few months ago so maybe they will pay attention. Smart move for Roku would be to release a roll back to the previous release for existing users while they figure out what is wrong with the 10.5 release and provide the user an option for the 10.5 release rather than automatic update.

Moriahe
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420-30

Jump to solution

This is my issue. Has it been fixed ? 

Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm running Xfinity 75

Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not that I'm aware of. I've had it for 3 days now and nothing I do seems to work. I've now just given up and plugged my computer to the TV and I can watch all the internet through my computer since the Roku portion won't work since the update. So I definitely know it's not my internet.

Moriahe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Got someone online she made me rest the tv again. Which is time consuming. So I’ll call them back when it’s done. If not I’ll take a new tv.