Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TEAllen23
Channel Surfer

[OS 10.5] Roku TV (model 7XXX) experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Dear Roku,

Your software update 10.5.0 is about to make you lose customers.  This update have made ALL of my Roku devices unusable.  Last month, I filed an customer support ticket regarding my Roku Ultra 4660X2.  After it had updated the software in October, I started to get issues with trying to load apps.  So I followed all of your suggestions, unplugged HDMI cable from television, unplugged tv AND Roku Ultra from electrical outlet and unplugged internet router.  After reconnecting all, I still got the same issues.  I even reset the Roku Ultra back to factory setting 3 times all to no avail.  I kept getting "Connectivity issues" and slow loading of apps. 

Now I know there was NO problem with my internet because I was able to successfully use my Roku TCL Tv and the Amazon Firestick without any problems.  Then last night, I made the mistake of updating my Roku TCL Tv (Model 43S405) software and now I am having the same issues that I have with my Roku Ultra. You tell people to do the suggested corrections and when they follow your directions, it's still not working.  What I had LOVED about Roku was that the interface and remote were easy to use but now I have to weigh whether this is more important than being able to watch my premium subscriptions that I pay for monthly.  And I am finding that it's not.  If a solution is not found and/or corrected soon such as allowing customers to be able to restore software to an earlier version, I will delete my account and purchase more Firesticks so that I will be able to enjoy my premium paid subscriptions without issues.   

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

UPDATE for Roku TV models: 7XXX.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

If you are experiencing channel playback issues on a Roku TV model 7XXX, we recommend now checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing channel playback issues on a Roku TV model 7XXX, we recommend now checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

If you are experiencing an issue not related to Roku TV model 7XXX, we would recommend searching the Community for another thread related to your issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

345 REPLIES 345
ctdaveb
Reel Rookie

Re: A number of channels seem to crash while loading up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

So all of this info is in the original post. 

Hi. My TCL Roku TV is super slow after the update. It takes forever to respond via remote (fresh batteries). It also randomly freezes or starts “thinking” sometimes crashing all together during ESPN, Disney+ or Netflix. Software version 10.0
Build 4209-30
RokuTV 7105X
TCL Model 55S405

0 Kudos
JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Re: Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity.

Jump to solution

I have the same issue exactly with my Sharp ROKU TV.  It running 10.5.0 buuild 4168.  I spent about an hour on the chat with an agent trying all the system restarts, network resets, etc.  Of course, nothing worked.  Last night, I couldn't even get it to play content from Sling, BritBox, Acorn, or Starz - total black screen.  My two ROKU Express units are running 10.0.0.  They have worked fine for several years - I sure hope ROKU doesn't push an upgrade to them.  If they do that, I will have three virtually unusable TV's.  This has got to be fixed fast.

cssTN
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine too, Dreadprime. Absolutely nothing connects despite its reported “excellent signal”.  I’m glad to know I’m not alone, and I’m hopeful a patch will be sent soon. How weird though, that they are preventing this TV from doing the only thing it has to do. 65” RCA ROKU

cssTN
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately tonight’s update didn’t help it at all either.

Kitty1976

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

Same problem with my insignia 50" Roku TV! I got my update late I guess because my bricked today! I can't do anything other than watch antenna TV and even the channel guide is broken. I did a complete factory reset on everything and nothing works. Did app updates...still nothing. FIX THIS ROKU! I'm not deleting every app and reinstalling because your update broke my TV. No wonder BB stopped putting Roku in Insignias.

JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Irene:  Here is the information I forwarded to Danny (11/9/2021):

ROKU TV 7224X

Sharp Model LC-50LBU711U

Software 10.0.0 Buidl 4198-38

Device ID JWD951639266

Serial Number YN001W639266

Tracker ID 66-450-628 (No Information in Live TV Guide)

Tracker ID 66-450-626 (Unable to Launch STARZ)

https://youtu.be/KZ3AYimPADs This is a link to YouTube showing the failure to launch STARZ

https://youtu.be/hEoYEoYkAjs This is a link to a video showing the extremely slow operation.

I was in a chat with an agent named Venkat about these issues on Friday night.  He should have notes. The Support Ticket was #5000847.  I heard no more so I have another ticket opened as well via the ROKU Support Website.  That ticket is #5015918

Please - someone needs to resolve this ASAP.  I'm paying for Sling, BritBox, Acorn and STARZ and they are virtually unusable (or, at least I can't depend on them to work).

Later I followed up with this (11/10/2021):

Following up on my response to you yesterday (11/9/2021). Last night I took the update to software version 10.5.0 build 4201-38. Checked everything this morning and there's really been no change. Still very slow, still really intermittent in launching STARZ, etc., still no TV Guide info on either over-the-air or on ROKU Live TV Guide. So - take a look at those Youtube videos and the screenshots...that's still what it's doing. I'm still looking for a resolution or a rollback to a known good version.

Then I took another update and sent this (11/10/2021):

Danny: Another note following up on this issue. After taking the 10.5.0 Build 4201 update this morning, I noticed that the download speed on my network was only 39Mbps. I have been accustomed to seeing speeds in the 75 - 77Mbps range. I did several resets on the network but it never showed any higher speed. So - I wired it directly to the network router and set up the wired network. My download speed now showed 85Mbps. Regardless - the operation of the TV was still messed up...slow, failure to launch STARZ, no TV Guide, messed up signal strength meter. Time to get us an option to roll back to a known good version.

You are the third person to ask for this information.  It occurs to me, from reading the reports in this community, that many types of ROKU devices are having the same issues.  That included ROKU TVs, ROKU Ultras (several models) and some earlier ROKU devices.  Don't you think it's about time to roll back to a known good software version for everybody.  My Sharp TV has worked wonderfully for the past two years with no issues until this disastrous 10.5.0 release.  I used to be  one of ROKU's biggest fans...now, not so much.

Momof1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Help! I’m experiencing the same connectivity issues with 10.5 on my TCL Roku tv. I’ve tried all the normal tricks/suggestions and nothing works. I don’t understand how this software update could be released with all these issues. Now my tv is just a black hole, completely unusable. So now I have to scrap a 3 year old tv and buy new? Absolutely unacceptable. 

cssTN
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is back to working, thanks!

BkLiveWire
Channel Surfer

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me when I updated my TV to 10.5.0. Anything that requires an internet connection is just SUPER slow. Reinstalling the apps and resetting the TV didn’t help. Hope this gets fixed soon. 

Roku TV: 7105X
TCL model: 55S405
Serial number: YN009E347762

Software version: 10.5.0 • build 4201-30