Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sir_Launcelot
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

This does seem to be an issue with the Roku box trying to resolve DNS over IPv6.  Here is for Amazon Prime.

95 0.000833 fe80::5ead:76ff:fe59:63d4 cdns01.comcast.net DNS 94 Standard query 0x9ddf A api.amazon.com

96 0.000000 fe80::5ead:76ff:fe59:63d4 cdns01.comcast.net DNS 94 Standard query 0xb3e5 AAAA api.amazon.com

97 0.001882 fe80::868d:c7ff:fef8:a77d fe80::5ead:76ff:fe59:63d4 ICMPv6 142 Destination Unreachable (Beyond scope of source address)

98 0.001064 fe80::868d:c7ff:fef8:a77d fe80::5ead:76ff:fe59:63d4 ICMPv6 142 Destination Unreachable (Beyond scope of source address)

I am also seeing a ton of arp request from the Roku, and the corresponding replies, but it doesn't seem like the Roku is hearing or using the replies.

macneilb
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won't connect , RESET, RESTART, MANY TIMES. SPORADIC

Jump to solution

I decided to check any see if there were any new software updates just now  and there was a new update/rollback available on both of my tvs. version 10.0.0 Build 4209. Go to settings, system, system update and see if there is one available and if so, hit update now. My TV's are working again. 👍

Neilio715
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just checked for an update on my tv and the rollback was there.  Updated and everything is good.  

Shame on Roku for releasing a garbage update like this.  I can understand a small bug or 2 getting through but this was clearly huge.  Do better.  I wanted to stick with Roku tv when I upgrade but I may be exploring another option after this fiasco.  

dontbreakthings
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku Ultra experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

I agree with others here, to force your customers to register on your forum for support instead of just rolling back your update back for all users regardless if they have issues or not is wrong

Your 10.5.0 update is broken and regardless of your customers reaching out... Do the right thing and roll users back to 10.0.0... then fix and test your updates on all supported devices before your roll it out again

Device type: 4800X-Roku Ultra
SN: X010000XW7PH
SV: 10.5.0
Build: 4201-C2
Device ID: S02A211XW7PH

stebe303
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Rollback update fixed it.  all better now! Thank you Roku!

dontbreakthings
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

---

KA7

Jump to solution

Also just manually checked for an update, which wasn't there a few hours ago, and is there now (~10pm EST) -- seems to have fixed for me as well. For now. 

I had not provided any info in the thread nor PM'd to Danny..

AzKeW
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can't get any of the three Roku's to even come on to try to fix them.  The app doesn't see them.  Why do we have to complain before they fix something when they knew there was a problem since last month.  Yes, other options is a good idea.

Cm_
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Rokutv 7131x

tcl model 55s425

Serial YN00C1896108

OS 10.5.0 build 4201-30

device id J498CC896108

nothing worked after 11/17 except pbs kids.  Disney plus, YouTube, prime all error out about connection to internet but my signal is strong.  Troubleshooted my router and connection, was disconnected from support chat after waiting, Roku support opened a ticket but never followed up, tcl rokutv support had me factory reset 3 times and it worked until I turned it off and back on.  I was told reverting back an OS version was not possible.  Thanks for joining the thread Danny, the villagers are restless

G1lley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ty ty ty for sending a rollback update. It fixed the issues. Hopefully roku can do this across the board for everyone bc Im sure there are sooo many people who have no clue how to contact anyone. Something was obviously flawed with the 10.5 update. Hopefully it can be figured out for everyone. But again, ty for getting ours back up and running.