Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

UPDATE for Roku TV models: 7XXX.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

If you are experiencing channel playback issues on a Roku TV model 7XXX, we recommend now checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
martyalee
Channel Surfer

Re: Westinghouse Roku TV Update To 10.5 Ruins Internet Connectivity

Jump to solution

I just received an update (rollback) to version 10.0.2 Build 4295 from the defective 10.5 version after having private messaged RokuDanny-R about 7 hours ago. All seems to be working correctly.

Sir_Launcelot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Your instructions seem to allow us to roll back to the 10.0.0.4209 version.  Before I do this, I want to let you know some things I am seeing in regard to DNS queries over IPv6.  Namely they are not using the correct IPv6 source scoped address, and are being blocked by the first hop router.  This basically means the request never makes it to the IPv6 DNS server, and doesn't get answered.  This might be some of the reason things aren't resolving and the network feels slow or doesn't work at all.  If it is also sending from the same source IPV6 after resolving, it will also not get routed to the internet, and will timeout and never connect.

DaveR849
Reel Rookie

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade UPDATE

Jump to solution

UPDATE Just received a rollback to 10.0.0 Build 4209-46. Things seem to be restored.

Laguy442
Reel Rookie

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade UPDATE

Jump to solution

I had to do two updates.  The first was the rollback for Roku.  Then a second update appears to be rolling back the apps.   Testing right now.  Not sure how this was not a Roku issue for those trying to say it was only. YouTube problem.  Roku was the one who updated their OS and after that nothing worked.  When companies roll back their software that pretty much says it all on who broke things 

macneilb
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won't connect , RESET, RESTART, MANY TIMES. SPORADIC

Jump to solution

Now I have 2 Roku tv's not working. Why are the Roku people not contacting their subscribers regarding this issue?  
How long are we expected to go without our devices and channels subscribed them. The lack of response is infuriating. Terrible customer response. 

shepmms2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having difficulty sending a PM.

Channels most affected, HBO MAX, Prime and HULU

Roku TV 7202X

Sharp model LC- 50LBU591U

serial number YN00PW510960

software version 10.5.0

DeviceID 9H400P510960

AzKeW
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is there another way to get the PM information. Ours wont even turn on today. I've done resets to the remote several times, tried using my phone as a remote, no luck and it will only see 1 of our 3 units but it doesn't matter anyway because the one doesn't  do zilch. We have guest coming for Thanksgiving and need it to work. Help. 

ctdaveb
Reel Rookie

Re: A number of channels seem to crash while loading up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Any update @RokuDanny-R ?

0 Kudos
shepmms2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looks like this has worked.