Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phantom-e
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

It appears to be connected to a recent Roku O/S update, as 2 of my TVs have the same software version - 10.5.0 which both are having the exact same problem, which is Hulu, ABC and maybe a couple of other apps are experiencing problems, while Netflix is working just fine. The one TV is working fine, and its O/S version is 10.0.0, an earlier version. So it seems likely something in the update is causing the issue. BTW, The Roku Streaming stick works fine also, and while the O/S version is the same as the two malfunctioning ones, 10.5.0, its build is different than the other two, so I don't think it has the same update. What a mess! Great Job! 

macneilb
Reel Rookie

Re: Network problems with new update

Jump to solution

My Roku Tv updated a few days ago. I can no longer watch anything but Netflix. All other apps( Hulu, Prime, ESPN, HBO, etc.) either don't load and show a network error or load slowly but don't play anything and show a network error. Even the Roku channel doesn't work! I have reset the internet connection, factory reset the tv, and nothing works. I am missing all of my weekend games. This sucks

Jamesrah
Reel Rookie

Re: Network problems with new update

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue. The only app that is currently working is Netflix. All of the other apps (Hulu, Amazon Prime) fail to load. 

DeaneTR

Re: Firmware update 10.5 broke my TV

Jump to solution

I have the same problem... Wasted way too much time with Roku customer service yesterday giving them info so they can "investigate." They clearly couldn't care less about this problem! Based on their behavior thus far I'm expecting to be told that my 2018 TV with built in Roku is no longer supported and I need to buy a new TV. Used to be a big fan of what RokuTV was doing and was going to buy Roku boxes for friends and family for Christmas. Not anymore! They clearly are a company that doesn't care about quality of service just profits. 

Rogerc531

Jump to solution

Im running the same on my toku tv and nothing is working, i need it rolled back immedietly or something because its affecting my job so i need a fix asap

Phantom-e
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 2 TVs that are having the same problems others have posted about. ABC app will load, but won't play any shows it gives the error: "player error - There appears to be a problem with playing this vide. Error code: 025-2501-106" The Hulu app will load but won't play content as well. Netflix and YouTube do work; The software versions on these two are 10.,5.0. One has a build number of 4201-AT and the other one has a build number of 4201-30. 
   I have another TV that works fine. Its software version is 10.0.0, build 4214-48. It seems to be related to the recent update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 🙂

stebe303
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here!!!

TCL 55S401    10.5.0 build 4201-30

Netflix is only channel that loads and runs. Antenna TV is even wicked slow.  Signal strength icon only registers one bar!  Even with the Antenna disconnected! Channel guide won't populate. ROKU channel won't even load or even come up on a search.  It just times out! Every search times out.  C'Mon Man👎👎👎

Jump to solution

I need to TV model reverted back to the old update. From 10.5.0 to 10.0.0. 

Roku TV - 7132X

Model - 55S421

J59939261047

Tags (3)
benny2run

TCL 55P605 not working after 10.5 OS Update

Jump to solution

After the new 10.5 OS rolled out my 2017 TCL #55P605 stopped working. Navigation/menus all work fine but none of the apps work.

They just spin and eventually fail. I tried the following:

- multiple factory resets

- wired vs. wireless internet connection

- I attempted to figure out a way to rollback the OS, but it seems that's no longer an option even with the secret screens

Our newer TCL works just fine after the 10.5 rollout. Sad but the older TCL TV is now just a brick. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: AND NOW WE CANNOT USE THE roku EMAIL SUPPORT .. IT GETS Re: Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420

Jump to solution

@masterv855 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your details regarding your specific issue to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator