Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc44
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Thank you to @RokuDanny-R  and the Roku team for rolling me back to 10.0. My ultra works again. 

Turn around time was about 1 day. 

SwCatz

Re: Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420-30

Jump to solution

This latest update broke me too.

in addition to other things mentioned, it appears to have broken:

1. Search, independent of channels - whether input is from voice or keyboard

2. Episode play progression (will move from episode 3 back to episode 1, or from 5 to 2, etc). This also appears to be app-independent, as I’ve seen it happen in Netflix and Prime now.

Attempts to mitigate:  I’ve ended the channel sessions and come in fresh, then I also tried rebooting the roku.  Is there a server cache that needs to be cleared? What was kind of interesting was that *the reboot went oddly almost too quickly*. Could the update be failing to release/overwrite old session data? That’s really just a thought, since I’m not really familiar with how roku client or server software handles sessions.

The search just returns nothing - and again that’s a pretty quick empty result, so it’s not timing out.

As a Software Test Eng,   after adding the experiences listed here, the issues with this latest build don’t appear to be device specific or channel specific.

Given that there is going to be extra demand for streaming this coming week, I am hoping there might be a hotfix to address these issues. 

Thanks,

—Shar

Msmith1103
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve messaged Danny but, I too, am experiencing issues with 2 of my Roku devices. The only app that is loading is Netflix. HBO max, Disney +, Hulu & Other apps are unresponsive..prime video for example will load an error message in German, Japanese, English and then once on the home page, no videos will play with the error message: something went wrong:..please try again later. My devices are also no longer responding to my Alexa app. This has been a persistent issue for me since 11/17.

Also, it takes a very long time for anything to load. I’ve restarted both TVs, did a reset on one, restarted my router 3 times, uninstalled apps(which took forever to load due to the slow response time of the roku devices) & unplugged and plugged the TVs back in. Would appreciate either a fix or rollback to previous fully functional OS. 

bnbuckeye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nothing is fixed. I'm only able to use one app, stream one thing, then any other app immediately stops working 

Roku TV 7103X TCL model 55P607

Serial number YSOORN305593

Software version 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Uptime 21 hours 24 minutes

Roku TV support support.tcl.com/us

Device ID

Network name 8SFOOR305593

14mikey1b
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

all that stuff they had me do on the phone never worked , resetting , reloading , its the same build that's causing the issues , mine will go to 13% loading just hangs there 

Moriahe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is literally my issue. I would love if Roku could just fix the problem without us having to do all this unnecessary work. 

Emanuscript79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. My Ultra won't stream anything except for Netflix. My Sound Bars and my TCL TV work though with no issues. Weird because they all got the 10.5 update this week.

masterv855
Reel Rookie

Re: AND NOW WE CANNOT USE THE roku EMAIL SUPPORT .. IT GETS Re: Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420

Jump to solution

I received my PM from Danny this morning telling me to go to system update to downgrade my TV, but when I did, nothing happened.I noticed that the system build version changed from 4201-AM to 4201, so that could be the case. I messaged him again, so hopefully that will help. Has this happened to anyone else?

Roku TV- 7832X

Westinghouse Model WR75UX4200

Serial Number (in system info) YN00P9975266

Serial Number (on back of tv) W201020M05318

Software Version 10.5.0 build 4201

Badgerfan3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did this happen automatically? Or did you have to do anything? My Roku tv is still not working … week 4 now.

Jvro

Re: 10.5 Update issues- needs a fix

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if Roku is trying to fix this issue?