Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdFlorida
Channel Surfer

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Jump to solution

Once you hard wired it worked?

Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Re: Performance Issues Since 10.5 Upgrade

Jump to solution

Hardwire or wireless did not make a difference for me. I have tried unplugging the modem rebooting it and it does not work with Roku or at least most of the channels. For some reason I can watch my Plex channel and it's fine. But that's about it. I can run my computer into my TV and watch all the internet I want off the computer on the TV. But none of the apps on the Roku work. The TV has been hardwired and the Roku ultra in the bedroom is wireless and neither of them work since the update went through.

Keith_B

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

I was having this same issue on my TCL Roku TV for the past couple of days. I contacted TCL support and they helped me fix it. Unplug the TV. Hold in the power button on the TV for 15 seconds. Plug the TV back in. Go and reset your network connection. Boom. Done. Hope this helps someone else.

Mrg5778
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I wish it was that easy for me. I tried with you suggested and I unplugged it held the power button in for 15 seconds and then I replugged it back in. I still don't get it to work. It's frustrating because when I check connection it says I have internet connection and gives me a great speed and then I try to open up Disney Plus and it says I have no internet connection. I really want this software gone

CagouleNoire
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issues with multiple channels.  Errors loading video on Disney+, AppleTV.  Home Screen Ads sometimes don’t load.

Issue appears on wifi and hardwired.  Able to resolve by rebooting.

02-465-246

7138X - Roku TV

10.5.0 build 4201-30

Humblehoneybee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The exact same thing has been happening with my tv since the update. I have restarted, powered off and factory reset my tv NOTHING WILL FIX THE PROBLEM. The only way to fix the problem is for roku to release a new update to patch it. All I want is to come in from work and relax with some tv. Instead roku, you are making me waste money on streaming services I can not longer watch! 

EdFlorida
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If I have to buy a new one, I will most likely different brand and despatch my Ultra to the CEO house, by Thanksgiving, but not before dumping my morning "leftovers" so he celebrates nice and smelly holidays.

Humblehoneybee
Reel Rookie

The 10.5 update made my tv a BRICK

Jump to solution

roku, please patch your update with a new one or revert back to the old one. The new 10.5 update has made my roku tv non-functional. I cannot open any of my apps, the search feature does not function and it will hardly stay connected to the internet. (I know my internet is not the issue) I have tried to unplug the tv and wait, restart the TV, do a soft reset and I have factory reset the tv. NOTHING WILL FIX THE PROBLEM until you guys release a new update to patch 10.5. My model is a 55S403, the tv is a 7105X. PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE so I am not wasting my money on streaming services I cannot use. Thanks.

philkatz

Re: Roku update 10.5 just broke all of my channels

Jump to solution

I'll join the chorus ... the update has devastated my system (TCL tv) and broken access to Apple+ and Hulu and Amazon Prime, etc. The only thing that provides even temporary help is rebooting the modem. Please fix it.

CCTillery

Jump to solution

I am also frustrated with the new 10.5 update, I tried factory reset thinking that would fix the problem but it did not. My Roku tv took two days just load my apps back o to my tv, I can not use any of my Rouk channels and my system is extremely slow with a lot of connection issues 😑 😡