Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmckeon85
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same issues on 10.5.0 build 4201-30. How can this go on for so long and why is TCL support so hard to reach? 

Jump to solution

I, too, have the same issue with the update essentially killing my Roku.  I plan on cancelling all Roku accounts and switching to Amazon's FireStick.  I've had it with Roku.

Jcmtravel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@PawPawRon nope happening to my Roku Tv also.  It is definitely the new firmware 10.5 problem.  I went to bed last might and there was only 4 pages on this issue now it's up to hundreds.  Roku needs to fix this or I will demand them to start paying for all my channels I currently pay monthly that I am unable to watch because of their screw up.

Jcmtravel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@kmckeon85 it's not your tv.  At least with TCL you actually speak to a real live person.  It's actually the new update of the roku firmware 10.5.  It's happening on all my Roku TV brands and my Roku Ulta.

RKuser45
Reel Rookie

10.5 Update issues- needs a fix

Jump to solution

After the 10.5 update on 11.18.21 on Hisense TV all apps except Netflix will not load. Have tried all recommended fixes - reboot, system restart, reloading app and still no success. Hopefully, a fix is on the way as the update has obviously caused the issue for me and the thousands of people who are reporting this on various social media outlets.

TimothyJ
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] TCL Roku TV channel issues

Jump to solution

When will there be an update? It’s been days. 

PawPawRon
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Don't expect anything too quickly by posting here or contacting them. Most people will tell you they have had no issues with the update and to that I say, great for them. Others post the standard steps that come from the tech pages (like most of us have not tried these multiple times). To have someone actuall monitor this forum from Roku and actually take any sort of action to resolve this matter is not something I have come to expect.

I posted about this in a cordcutters forum on facebook yesterday afternoon and the ROKU software update issues are now showing up as results in the major search engines so it isn't just you, me or the few others who know about this forum.

Keep posting where you think it might get attention. Negative publicity often does get results. They simply screwed up and will not admit to making mostly ULTRA units worthless pieces of plastic and circuitry.

JoeKC4G
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Danny:

I have been out of town until this afternoon but I have been following some of the posts regarding this issue and all the other issues with version 10.5.0.

So - when I arrived home and got settled in, I started my Sharp ROKU TV up.  I got a big splash screen telling me how great the new features are on 10.5.0.  I double checked my internet connection and all was good.  So, I manually checked for updated software since I have been reading about a possible fix.  I will point out that prior to checking for the update, I was running 10.5.0 build 4201-38.  The update screen told me there were 15 channel updates and it proceeded to take them one at a time.  Once it completed, I did a re-start.  Checking the software tells me I'm still at 10.5.0 build 4201-38 - no change there.

I was hopeful that this would solve the issues - it HAS NOT.  There is still NO INFORMATION on the Guide screen.  It is still very slow when selecting Over-the-Air channels.  Sling is very slow to launch and when selecting channels, it gives an error message - nothing on Sling will play at all.  Acorn is very slow to launch.  Once it does finally come up, it tells me I have lost the internet when I try to play anything.  BritBox does launch and play but it is incredibly slow to get started (several minutes).  the ROKU channel will neither launch nor will it play anything.  Tells me I have lost the internet...I have checked and it is, in fact, still connected. (By the way - WiFi signal Strength is "Excellent" and download speed is 67Mbps). PBS launches but is very slow, as well.

I, along with numerous others, have continually sent in the diagnostic data that you have asked for.  I, personally, have sent this a couple of times along with attempting updates and re-starts over and over.  All of us just want to watch our TV shows!!

So - here's the deal...If I don't get a solid fix for these issues or rolled-back software by next week, it is my intention to cancel all of the channel subscriptions I have through ROKU.  Once that's done, I'm going to perform a complete factory reset, disconnect my TV from the internet, and purchase a Firestick or something like that.

Everyone who asks me for a recommendation (and, I do get asked a lot) is going to hear about this awful service and virtually non-existant support.  I have been a great promoter of ROKU products and the whole ROKU streaming idea - but - consider me officially OFF the team.  You have my email address...I will listen to any reasonable solution you may have.

Joe Hardy

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Problem with Roku 10.5 build 4201-30

Jump to solution

@Jkhaff 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jcmtravel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@asherer971 it's not just the Roku Tv's it's also the Roku Ultra device. I'm assuming all devices to be honest.