Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver11

Re: Firmware update 10.5 broke my TV

Jump to solution

Turned the TV on and after Roku update 10.5 we can't access anything. We got to Netflix using a different remote. Roku screen comes on but it won't let us toggle to the next screen or any screen. FIX NOW PLEASE! thank you

Jamezilla

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Switching my Roku to use the 2.4 GHz wifi radio instead of the 5 GHz radio fixed the problem for me.

butlerwed

Re: TCL TV still not working after update

Jump to solution

We are having the same issues why do we not have a phone number to contact someone at Roku???

butlerwed

Jump to solution

We have the same issues, how long are we going to have to wait to get this fixed? 

Dani4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to rollback this update (10.5) on my Roku express a few weeks ago and everything was working good again, until this morning it updated again and I can't rollback this time.

So I'm going out today to buy another brand of a streaming device and I won't be buying another Roku product ever again, this is totally unacceptable for your product to stop working for weeks at a time due to your bad software updates.

Re: TCL TV still not working after update

Jump to solution

I have an older TCL Roku 55 inch and looks like the update bricked it. I guess I'm going to hit the reset button on the back? Although my last Roku TCL never returned after the factory reset. So I'm reluctant to try until there are no other options.

BeezKneez133
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Seriously......why hasn't a rollback been pushed out yet??  My Roku's are essentially paper weights since the update.

I say.......for every day that our devices are 'bricked' , Roku pays for a month of all of our streaming services.

Roku.....are you listening?!?! 

BVizbulis

Jump to solution

Yeah, seriously, can you fix this? My television just became a brick. We can’t access ANYTHING. Not even after a factory reset. 
Hisense Roku 4K 

S/N: 50G1839A5H00187

I’d love to speak to an actual person, but it appears Roku likes to hide behind the internet - which they clearly don’t understand as well as they thought, seeing as their update just nuked a ton of machines. This is ridiculous: if this is how you handle updates, you need to replace my television 

FrankKoch
Binge Watcher

Re: Westinghouse Roku TV Update To 10.5 Ruins Internet Connectivity

Jump to solution

Software update 10.5 sucks

this is likely the cause of your issues as so many others are having problems with it

bnbuckeye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku tcl tv here. Wi-Fi performance has degraded to the point where apps think the TV isn't connected. Speeds were about 200mb before and now barley 42mb. First update that's ever made the TV nearly unusable