Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cssTN
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Roku device model: 7526X

serial number: YN00G5878320

device ID: R9797G878320
software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4201-67

Come on, this has been going on since last Tuesday!

No streaming channel works or loads. Prime, Xfinity, VUDU, ROKU, Disney, any, you name ‘em

Tracker: 20-460-790, 20-460-793, 20-460-795

there is a error connecting to your network, please check your connection. The connection shows that signal strength is excellent, go figure. It has been reset and  reconnected many times but no change. Saturday was the only day the TV has been able to stream any channel, and then Sunday it was gone again. Airplay won’t work. It did one day since last Thursday, but that was it.

Handle
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

My TCL 55s425 Roku tv updated to 10.50.0 two night ago and everything stopped working.

All apps won't load or stream. When the do, if they do, they stop and give me an error for connectivity.  Also everything is slow running and responds when it wants too.

I have tried all troubleshooting methods from power reset, factory reset, Uninstalling apps and reinstalling, secret menu to switch servers to try another 10.50.0 update. 

Unplugging and waiting and trying all again and nothing. It won't connect. 

The unit is connected via wire(same issue wireless) to a 500mps connection.  I have another TV same model same year that is still running an older version purchase same day and has no issues whatsoever.  

Finally got a response back from  Roku CS and they are trying to tell me it is a hardware issue and would be on TCL. 

I have NEVER had an issue with this unit until this horrible update and of course it's 20 days past when my extended warranty has ended. 

Roku needs to fix this as I am obviously not the only one and they know that since 10.0 update its been nothing but a nightmare for people!

Convenient it's now a "Hardware" issue as the only thing that has changed was the firmware.  

First time with Roku and it was nice. Most likely my last as well if this is not resolved.  

10-5UpdateSuks
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My software updated to 10.5 at 6pm today and now NOTHING works…no ESPN, no Sling, nothing. How on earth is this acceptable?! I’ve had the tv for 2 years and haven’t had a single issue until tonight’s 10.5 update. I’m patiently waiting for the issues to be quickly addressed or this will be my LAST Roku product I ever purchase. A separate Roku device I have is still using an older software version and has no issues…the 10.5 update is clearly the problem.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are more than happy to look into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-who is your ISP (internet service provider)
-brand and model of your router device
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-are there any major channels that you are not seeing this issue occur on
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once I have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
DanielRae
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The first problem is that there is no user-level option to uninstall a bad update ("roll back," in other words).  The second is that Roku won't simply apply common sense, retract 10.5 worldwide, reinstall 10.0, and let it be.  (10.5 adds additional menus, I might add, that are cumbersome and detract from the user experience.)

Until they do, I cannot play (expensive) UHD content on Vudu, as Vudu does not provide for UHD playback in a browser on PC (where Netflix does, with a $.99 HEVC-enabling purchase from Store).

ratchetsup
Reel Rookie

Re: Westinghouse Roku TV Update To 10.5 Ruins Internet Connectivity

Jump to solution

Same here. What a bummer, have many apps failing to connect or stream..only netflix will run which I think is just because its optimized better than most. Signal is excellent from router, Ive reset everything just to be sure. 

10-5UpdateSuks
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sharp Model: LC-55LBU591U
Software Version: 10.5.0 - build 4201-38

The issue is widespread; not a single app will load. The automatic update was applied on 11/16 at 6:01pm est. Following the update, full functionality was lost…it’s essentially a big monitor now. E.g. Sling TV app is version 8.11 - build 1669 and I receive error code 27-1 when attempting to play video…unable to load video. Another example, ESPN app is version 4.0 - build 2021101900 and I receive error message “We are unable to connect you to the service.” after a period of loading. Absolutely nothing works after your 10.5 update.

Handle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Now my second unit has auto updated and is now broken. 

1st unit. 

Roku TV: 7130x

Model: 50S425

Serial: YN00W5171683

Software: 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Device ID: J3993W171683

Second Unit:

Roku tv: 7131X

Model: 55S425

Serial: YN008E124876

Software: 10.5.0 build: 4201-30

Device ID: J49918124876

Both units purchased the same day and I have had ZERO issues until now. 

I suppose they both suddenly have "Hardware" issues?

Please fix asap as I do not have a cabe/satellite provider and streaming is my only way. 

This should be a top priority as it is very wide spread!

My internet service provider is Gateway Fiber. I have a 500MPS connection.  

I have had this provider for over a year and had no issues until this update streaming content or using my devices.

I have many devices connected and they run flawlessly. 

The issue stared as soon as the new firmware was installed. Second Unit was 11/15. First unit was 11/17.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@10-5UpdateSuks @Handle 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Update Version 10.5.0 Build 420-30

Jump to solution

@TEAllen23 @14mikey1b

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator