Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

OS 10.5 My Roku device won’t install any apps

The following is a case with Roku Express 3930X.
This is the screen after the device reset. The device was initially running Roku OS 10.0.0, after update I see it is updated to 10.5.0.  photo_2021-10-08_07-53-34.jpg When I try to install it.  photo_2021-10-08_07-53-57.jpg On Roku Ultra 4800x (Roku OS 10.0.0), I have not reset it yet. It does not display any error message. When I remove a channel, it displays the progress dialog that says 'removing channel name', but nothing happens.

Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

Re: My Roku tv won’t install any apps

Did you find out the solution? 
I am facing the same issue on two of my Roku Devices.

On Roku Express: I have tried Router restart, Roku Restart, Roku Factory Reset. 

On Roku Ultra: I have tried Router restart and Roku restart. None of it solved the issue. 
I am not even able to uninstall any apps. 

Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@opnchaudhary

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

On Roku Express:
- Model: 3930X
Serial Number: X00400E3C676
Device ID: S0092013C676
OS Version: 10.5.0 build 4174-AE
- I cannot install any other apps. It just displays the two shortcuts 'Add Channels' and TV Off.photo_2021-10-11_20-12-25.jpg
When I try to install I get the following error: 
photo_2021-10-08_07-53-57.jpg
- Tracker ID: 76-408-389

On Roku Ultra: I am not able to install/uninstall any channel
-Model: 4800X,
Serial Number: X01000C6GM55,
Device ID: S02A20C6GM55
OS Version: 1.0.0.0 build 4209-C2
- I cannot uninstall or install any apps. It is not specific to any channel.
- Tracker ID: 55-408-382

I am not aware of any other steps that could reproduce this issue.

Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@opnchaudhary 

Thanks for the post.

It appears that both of your devices are not connected to your wireless network. We would first recommend following the steps provided by our Support page here: Check your network connection

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

I confirmed my internet is working correctly. The connection check is showing 22Mbps. I am able to use the already installed channels on the Roku Ultra. Connection is good on Roku Express too. 

Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@opnchaudhary 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku devices and setting up the devices up again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button on the device for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on screen.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

I tried a factory reset with the 'reset button' on the Roku.
Everything is the same as in my first post on the Roku Express in this thread. It did not work.

Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@opnchaudhary 

Thanks for the follow up.

Your first post shows an image that looks like you need to activate your device. After performing a factory reset, did you already activate your device before trying to add channels?

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able pass the information along to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
opnchaudhary
Streaming Star

I entered my email in roku. Roku sent me an email. I clicked the link and followed the steps. After the final step the roku displayed a dialog with some text 'updating' or adding channel not sure. Then the error popped.

I can see my email in System Info (Settings -> System -> About)

Serial Number: X00400E3C676
Device ID: S0092013C676

Regards
Paras Nath Chaudhary

0 Kudos