Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregg24

[OS 10.5] Airplay not working on device

Having trouble as well. I click on airplay and HomeKit in settings. The system tries to open airplay settings but then automatically backs out of it before it displays the settings. Therefor I cannot see if airplay is enabled. I have the latest update and both TV and device are on the same network 

21 REPLIES 21
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Airplay not working on device

@Gregg24

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mnw999
Streaming Star

@Gregg24 

AirPlay and HomeKit support has not been functional since the Roku TV OS 10.5 update 6-7 weeks ago. Support has offered no resolution yet.

0 Kudos
Mahoganyw

So I was in school and moved back home and my AirPlay stopped working. It was fine in my dorm room but once I got back home it won’t even show up and for the last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to fix it without contacting you guys. I’ve reset my phone I reset the tv, i reset the internet box and still nothing I literally reset everything and still no luck. 

I have the roku tv: 8119x

Tcl model: 32s321

serial number: YK00HC314516

softwear version: 10.5 • built 4210-48

DEVICE ID: NKR99H414516

0 Kudos
JT411

Mirroring to Roku Ultra after iPhone 15.2.1 ios update

Has anyone been able to mirror their iPhone to their Roku Ultra after updating their iOS to version 15.2.1? Apple Support says it doesn't sound like an Apple issue, however, does that mean Roku Ultra needs an update or is no longer compatible to iPhone for mirroring?

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Re: Mirroring to Roku Ultra after iPhone 15.2.1 ios update

Screen mirroring to Roku seems to be broken for some people.  Mine broke sometime over the last two weeks and I haven't been able to fix it.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mahoganyw

Thanks for the post.

Do you see Airplay and Homekit in Settings?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sankargoli
Channel Surfer

Hi @Mahoganyw 
I had this similar issue last year! Tried all different ways, contacted the support team like 100 times and every time they will ask me the same questions like to provide with firmware details/wifi details/error code/software version blah blah!! I am tired at a point, started testing different ways myself and tried to connect to a different router and it works just fine (able to connect to airplay). So is it a router issues? or Is it something Roku devices cannot handle with certain routers? I have the latest version of routers from spectrum yet no luck! I felt like I cannot get the right support and ended up using Apple TV HD 4K.

P.S: I do not have any issues with screen mirroring Windows/Android. 

My understanding is ROKU should improve their support team in helping. 

Anyway, good luck!

Cheers. 

Klorgon
Reel Rookie

Have Roku Ultra.  We have used our Roku successfully with our JVC 42" (non-smart) TV in the past but recently it will not work.  Usually, it won't even show up as a device our Macbook Air can connect to but when it does it spins forever then shows "Cannot connect to Roku Ultra."  We have found a workaround though:

1.  From the Roku Settings menu -> Power -> System Restart (not Factory Reset, just a restart).  The Roku will restart itself after you confirm and just after it does it is now discoverable.

2.  You can now connect via Airplay (screen mirroring, in our case) from your Macbook Air to the Roku.  The caveat is it only lasts for 20-30 minutes.  When time is up, the image on the TV will freeze but your Macbook Air will continue to play.  Your only remedy is to disconnect, restart the Roku and try again.  At least it works for 30 minutes.

I suspect this is some kind of memory leak as perhaps it takes that long for memory to run out or maybe a counter to overflow.  This is really terrible software programming if so.  Our intention was to buy two Roku boxes to replace our Amazon boxes but it looks like we may be stuck with one for the time being.

0 Kudos
Klorgon
Reel Rookie

This user possibly figured it out:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Roku-10-5-drops-support-HomeKit-...

Roku:  If this is intentional, please inform your user base.  Don't leave us hanging like Google, Apple, Microsoft and other companies do.  If this is just plain old terrible software programming, please fix as it is long overdue.  Also, bump your validation test times to 4, 8 and 24 hours to make sure your hardware and software work reliably together.