Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmeupscot
Binge Watcher

OS 10.0 Update Issue with Ultra

Jump to solution

I've read other posts regarding the update rollout, however, I'm curious to hear if anyone else is experiencing a similar delay. My two 2020 Ultras updated immediately but my 2019 Ultra isn't. Yes I know that it will eventually but it seems odd that the 2019 is lagging. Same for my Streaming Stick+'s. Same for my Streaming Sticks. My Premieres updated the same day as my 2020 Ultras. Anybody else experiencing the same thing???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 10.0 Update Issue with Ultra

Jump to solution

Nobody outside of Roku knows what algorithm is used to determine which units get updated when.  Experience shows it is done on a unit by unit basis, not account by account, or even model by model.  It's very common for units linked to the same account to get updated at different times, as much as several weeks apart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Nobody outside of Roku knows what algorithm is used to determine which units get updated when.  Experience shows it is done on a unit by unit basis, not account by account, or even model by model.  It's very common for units linked to the same account to get updated at different times, as much as several weeks apart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
bmeupscot
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks!!! I suspected as much.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm in the SF Bay area and my 4800R received the version 10 update yesterday morning. Seems to work fine though I had to restart a couple of times to get Netflix to open. Am sure you'll get it soon though I don't see any new features to speak of.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos