Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madmike808
Reel Rookie

ONN Roku Soundbar not working with other devices connected to Samsung TV

I own a Samsung non-ARC TV with Anynet+ CEC.  The problem I have is that I’ve trying numerous ways to have Smart TV and Apple TV (connected to another HDMI port) to play its audio through soundbar but  success.  If I switch to HDMI port with Roku soundbar audio isn’t a problem on soundbar l.  So basically other than steaming roku and I cannot hear other audio sources connected to TV like my Apple TV.  Can anyone help with this matter?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: ONN Roku Soundbar not working with other devices connected to Samsung TV

Have you tried using the optical port rather then HDMI? Did you see this post?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Apple-TV-says-soundbar-needs-to-be-updated/td-p/654576

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You don't use the optical port instead of the hdmi!! You use the optical port in addition to the hdmi. Hdmi is for sending audio & video from the Soundbar to the tv, where the optical is for send audio only back from the tv to the soundbar. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee  I was thinking of using the soundbar just for sound. My bad 

0 Kudos
Madmike808
Reel Rookie

I actually fixed the problem. I checked connections and after unplugging and plugging back in the optical it must’ve been that when I initially installed it probably wasn’t plugged in all the way in and I endured it was the Secind time and it started to work.