Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davari89
Reel Rookie

Nowtv app

I'm having trouble adding Nowtv on my roku express it's installed but won't open and my wifi connection is working great. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nowtv app

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall to get the latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Davari89
Reel Rookie

Thanks for getting back to me. Ive tried all that and have reset it several times but the app just wont open. It keeps saying 'can't run channel' and that it can not be reinstalled from the network. I've even rebooted my wifi and my connection is fine. All other apps work just not now tv.

0 Kudos
pr1
Reel Rookie

I believe I have the exact same problem.  NowTV was working fine yesterday.  It says it has been updated today, but won't open.

I've followed the re-install procedure above but still have the same problem.

When I try to open NowTV I get an error, "NOW could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again."

I do not have network problems with other devices.  All other apps on the Roku device work correctly

0 Kudos
dazman101

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve tried everything, delete, reinstall, even factory reset.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Can any of you install any new channels from the Channel Store?  The "could not be reinstalled from the network" message can occur if the Roku can't connect to the Channel Store or some other Roku server.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ettyg

Yes we've been having the same problem since yesterday. 

0 Kudos
pr1
Reel Rookie

It is now working ok for me. NowTV shipped another update, it appeared in my app list as normal and I can open it ok.

I note that the new NOW branded blue/green app needs access to advertising networks whereas the old NowTV branded red/yellow app did not.

I have a pihole ad blocker on my network. When the pihole is running, the new NOW app doesn't work. It reports error, "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable".

When I start the new NOW branded app, I disable the pihole for 30 seconds while it starts. Once launched, NOW works ok with the pihole enabled.

0 Kudos
Louck70

Ive got the same issue, had with Now and Netflix. Uninstalled both and done system reset then added both. Netflix now ok but nothing with Now, removed 3rd party in advertising, still doesn’t work. Doesn’t give any error message just returns to Roku Home Screen. Was ok Friday so maybe something to do with the update today? 

0 Kudos