Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Notice about classic HD player

Jump to solution

I received an email stating that my classic Roku HD player will no longer receive new software updates,etc.  It stated that I can continue to use it but I will not receive new features, updates to channels, or support for new channels.  I have purchased 9 Roku devices within the past year.  My question is - which device(s) is the email referring to??  They are all HD.  Some are Roku Express, Express +, Ultra, and premier +.  I have no idea which one(s) to replace!  Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Notice about classic HD player

Jump to solution

There was a model (possibly more than one) called the "Roku HD".  It has "HD" in big letters on the top.  I think it's model 2500 and is something like 8 years old.  If you bought 9 new units in the past year then it's none of them.  If you bought any of them used, then it could be one of them.  Check the model numbers from the System->About screen and if any of them start with a 2 then it isn't supported any longer.

-JT

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

There was a model (possibly more than one) called the "Roku HD".  It has "HD" in big letters on the top.  I think it's model 2500 and is something like 8 years old.  If you bought 9 new units in the past year then it's none of them.  If you bought any of them used, then it could be one of them.  Check the model numbers from the System->About screen and if any of them start with a 2 then it isn't supported any longer.

-JT

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!  All of mine are brand new and none of the model numbers start with a "2", so I'm good!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Interesting.  You might want to go to https://my.roku.com and see what your linked devices are.  Maybe in the past you had an HD?

0 Kudos