Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Not seeing parental control

I set up my Roku Premiere for the first time on my television. When attempting to set the parental controls by using the home to setting to parental control path, I noticed that the parental control is not there. Is it supposed to appear at a later time? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Not seeing parental control

@abstract9 

Thanks for the inquiry. 

Please be aware that the Roku streaming devices do not have a single parental control setting that controls content across all streaming channels, but you can configure access limits through certain channels.

For more information about parental controls on the Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I block content using parental controls?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

My daughter's Roku TV had parental controls set so that she ALWAYS had to put in a pin to download any and all new channels, as of today, that setting no longer works. I did everything to try to reset this and even factory reset the tv and setup all over again, now those options aren't in the parental controls at all, only shows parental controls for "live tv". This is EXTREMELY upsetting as this was the only way to block her from downloading Youtube. Why did this setting stop working? please help!!!

Level 7

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@abstract9 

Thanks for the inquiry. 

Please be aware that the Roku streaming devices do not have a single parental control setting that controls content across all streaming channels, but you can configure access limits through certain channels.

For more information about parental controls on the Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I block content using parental controls?

Thanks,
Danny

Hello,

The Parental Controls PIN preferences option mentioned in How do I set a Parental Controls PIN for The Roku Channel? does not exist on my device.

0 Kudos
Level 21

It's not on the device, it's on the website.  Did you go to https://my.roku.com/account/pin ?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello,

Yes, it is not in PIN preferences either.  I only have the "Making Purchases and Adding Content" option.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Are you in the U.S.?  Sometimes Roku has different settings for different regions.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello,

I am in Australia ... does that mean I can't get parental controls?

If I set my VPN to US location will that change anything?

0 Kudos
Level 21

I don't know, but the discussion of VPNs is prohibited here.

0 Kudos