Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mingomoon
Reel Rookie

Not Connected since last night

Worked fine last night.  Turn on tv, box pops up over home screen saying Updating software: progress 0%. Circle spins for a couple minutes, then it's off the screen and I see the home screen. Says not connected. Unplugged TV, reset router, all other roku tvs in house work. Have had this TV in the same location for years. Only had mobile app for a remote.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Not Connected since last night

So this is a Roku TV I take it? Which manufacturer? How long have you owned it? Have you tried a factory reset? Did you call the manufacturer?

0 Kudos
mingomoon
Reel Rookie

Yes, a TCL Roku tv, I have 2 more of the same that are working.  I believe it's 2014.  No, haven't done a factory reset or contacted the manufacturer.  It's trying to update, stays in a loop at 0% for a few minutes,  then the update box disappears.  I see the home screen but I use my phone as the remote and it can't find my device.  TV says not connected.   Router reset several times.  All other wifi connected devices work.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Well considering your TV is very old and out of warranty there isn’t much you can do about it besides replace it. But for something cheaper you could actually get a Roku stick and plug it into your TV. Then you could change the standing on your home screen so it always goes directly to Roku stick instead of your Roku TV home screen. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@mingomoon 

Because you do not have a physical Roku Remote, do not Factory Reset your RokuTV in any of your troubleshooting until you get a replacement physical remote.

The same thing happened on my Insignia RokuTV in that it tried to update while I was watching a program and the Spinning Circle got stuck on 0%.  I was able to restart the RokuTV and perform a manual System Update and then it completed an update to OS 11 build build 4193-49.

It is difficult to say if your inability to connect is related to the above though, could just be a coincidence, or the reason your RokuTV got stuck at 0% was due to a network issue.

---

Try establishing a new connection.  Unplug your TV again for a few mins).  Then Restart your Router and modem again and let it fully boot up.  From your Roku device, go to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection. 

After the Roku resets the connection and undergoes an automatic reoot, navigate to Settings/Network/Setup Connection.  You may have to press "Scan Again to See all Networks" a few times to refresh available connections.  See if you can now connect.

If you have the choice between two bands (2.4ghz and 5ghz), try both connections.  Otherwise you will only see one network to connect to if using same SSID/network name or using a merged network.

If still having issues, feel free to post back with Router model number and ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

mingomoon
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your help.  Decided to upgrade to a new 50 inch from the 32 inch that isn't working.  🙂

FastFurious
Roku Guru

@mingomoon  Sometimes it’s easier to replace rather than troubleshoot. Enjoy your new TV 

0 Kudos