Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwheetley
Channel Surfer

No volume control after 10.0.0 update

Jump to solution

Today the volume control from the Roku remote stopped working.  All other remote functions continue to work.  I replaced the batteries, hard power cycled the Roku and the TV to no avail.  I went to my system settings and noticed that my Roku Ultra received the OS 10.0.0 Build 4150 update today. I can only assume the update caused the issue. Anyone else see this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No volume control after 10.0.0 update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV controlFor more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please see this thread for more information: https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Did-your-Roku-remote-lose-volume-and-TV-control-af...

To avoid further confusion on this thread, we will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Isn't Roku 10 still in Beta? Are you on a beta program? If so, shouldn't posts like this be in the Beta Test section?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

bwheetley
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I never signed up for a beta program.  I did however just figure out that I had to go through the Control TV with Roku remote setup process to fix the volume control issue.   

How do I make sure not to get beta test software?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bwheetley

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Geised

Jump to solution

Did you go into Roku settings? In settings you can look for remotes.  In this area of settings you can program/reprogram remote to work with your TV.  It is the TV that controls volume.  Your remote just needs to be programmed.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Have you tried re-pairing your remote to your TV to see if you are still experiencing an issue? 

For more information about how to pair your remote, visit our Support page here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Eastonjim
Reel Rookie

Re: Issue with volume button not working

Jump to solution

Tonight my roku controller stopped worKing to control the sound. I did not see any advice on here that helped resolve it. My roku was updated early this evening. When I press the volume button 100 comes up sometimes but nothing changes. Other functions seem to work, just the volume button does not. 

The manual volume buttons on the speakers work. Please help as I think I have tried everything.

0 Kudos
jcs139

Re: Issue with volume button not working after system update

Jump to solution

I’m having the identical problem after last night’s system update. I have a Roku Stick+ and its remote. Everything works except the volume buttons on the side of the remote. Using the microphone to turn volume up or down does not work either. I have rebooted the stick and repaired the remote without fixing the problem.

Can someone from Roku address how to control the volume after the update. Thank you.

John

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Eastonjim @jcs139

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when you did you start seeing this issue occur?

In addition, have you tried re-pairing your remote to your TV to see if you are still experiencing an issue? 

For more information about how to pair your remote, visit our Support page here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
lvh98110

Jump to solution

Thank you for this useful thread. About a week ago I too ran into the problem of only my volume controls not working on my Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3810R running OS 10.0.0 Build 4165.50). The battery indicator on my TV screen showed two red bars so I changed the batteries. All other functions continued to work except the volume and mute controls for the TV. I followed the instructions to re-pair my remote control to my TV and that solved my problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos