Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

No support for iOS screen mirror on the express model?

Why does Roku offer the screen mirror option only on certain models for iOS devices? I have Roku express devices and they are great but I recently switched from android to iPhone and now the screen mirror option is obsolete unless I upgrade the 4 Roku express devices that I have. Seems like a way for Roku to grab more money out of their customers. I’m not interested in downloading a third party app for the function that is on the more expensive models. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: No support for iOS screen mirror on the express model?

No, not a money grab in my opinion. They have to pay Apple a licensing fee for every model that they add AirPlay to, to they made a business decision to only add it to select 4K devices. I have no idea what that fee might be, but knowing Apple pricing, it's probably not a couple of pennies. 

I'm not following your comment about downgrading an app. Are you referring to something on the phone, or a channel on your Roku? If the latter, any channel that works on your Express should work as well or better on a higher end player. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos