Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlgill
Level 7

No search button on main screen

We have a new roku express which when setup only has 3 menu`s on home screen. It has Home, Streaming channels and Settings we are based in the east of England. I tried to search for an answer but could not find out what`s wrong. 
Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: No search button on main screen

"carlgill" wrote:
We have a new roku express which when setup only has 3 menu`s on home screen. It has Home, Streaming channels and Settings we are based in the east of England. I tried to search for an answer but could not find out what`s wrong. 
Thanks

Have you tried a factory reset? If not, log on to your Roku account, scroll down to the bottom of the Account page, and remove (unlink) the device from the listing. Then, reset the device (holding down the reset button for no less than 30 seconds). Try setting it up again.

If this doesn't resolve it, perhaps the answers to the following might help find the issue. Is this your only Roku? If not, what is the model number(s) of other device(s)? And do you have five items on that menu (Home, My Feed, Search, Streaming Channels, Settings)?

Are you using a UK device? That is, is it one purchased for the UK as opposed to purchasing from a US retailer?

Are you using a VPN?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
carlgill
Level 7

It was bought on Amazon UK with next day delivery so it should be an EU model. As far as I know we are not using a VPN.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

And the results of the factory reset?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.