Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

No ad's

I've turned off features free and checked the limit ad's so I don't have any idea why turbotax the big game is on my screen in the spot vudu featured free was in the bottom left of the roku home screen!!

I WANT NO AD'S ON THE ROKU HOME SCREEN , PERIOD!!

you can reset the advertising id and it should undo their home screen ad's!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: No ad's

That's not how it works.  Resetting the ID only affects targeted ads.  There is no way to get rid of the ad short of blocking ad servers within your own network.

-JT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

When you go to privacy and click limit ad's ROKU isn't supposed to be able to put any ad's on the home screen and get turbo tax but game was in the featured free spot the point is it SHOULD have NOT been able to be there or the stuff that is shown on the right side either!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

If Roku blocked ads from it's devices, you would probably be actually required to pay a device fee, or Roku would go out of business. Just look at the uproar that happened after Roku threatened to drop Fox Corp channels due to a disagreement on ad revenue sharing.

As far as I know, ALL of the streaming devices will show ads on their home screens. That's how they make money.

Highlighted
Level 8

Amazon has a single banner ad where the channels are and when I have turned off featured free spot and checked the limit ad's in the privacy section I expect it will NOT have ad's in the left side and then also have ad's in the right side after the channels reminds me of ready player one we can sell up to 80% of a players field of view before they seizure !

The ad on the right side after the channels are bad enough but now I'm going to get plastered makes the graphic user interface look bad because rather than the streaming player of choice with the most channels it's simply look at the ad it's distracting not I'll just have to get this device  more like AVOID THE ROKU all over 65% of the bottom left being covered -if ROKU has turn off featured free and a privacy limit the ad's and then it still shows up that's making me very angry 😠😠😠 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

If it's getting you that upset I suggest you find another streaming device.  It doesn't say "Limit ads"; it says "Limit ad tracking".  There's nothing in the settings that will affect the amount of ads you will see.

-JT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Does Amazon Fire work without a Prime subscription?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Actually yes you can use it without prime you just don't have all the original shows but apps and purchased

Content work on it fine!

btw Apple has no ad's just a graphic user interface while Amazon has limited ad's ROKU has started to plaster ad's on both sides of the dash and the left side really detracts from the overall look of the dashboard if you're not going to eliminate all ad's then I'd have the right side poster vs the left side huge tag the roku design always have been nice until the unwelcome and very obtrusive left side ad!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Also remember that Roku is ENTIRELY just these devices and services. Amazon, Apple, and others can sell them at a loss and combine the user data with the other data they get from your phones (Apple) or shopping (Amazon).

0 Kudos