Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJF

No access to developer menu no access to device via browser although I can ping it

Hello

here is the scenario:

I enabled developer using sequence buttons then I installed something using browser but from that time on although I can ping the device but I cannot have it in my browser anymore and I cannot go to developer menu using sequence button anymore

then I factory reset the device ,after that for the first time sequence buttons for going to developer works but as soon as I enable developer and restart the device same thing happens: no access to Dev and no access within the browser to the device

but I can ping the device

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No access to developer menu no access to device via browser although I can ping it

You tried to sideload something associated with piracy.  You've been blacklisted and developer mode is permanently disabled on your device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: No access to developer menu no access to device via browser although I can ping it

i'm having the same problem. the first time I activated the develop mode I installed the Smarters IPTV app through the browser. It worked normally. but I can't install anymore.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@lucassmmesquita wrote:

... I installed the Smarters IPTV app...

There's your problem.  See my response above.  There is no reason to use developer mode to install a channel/app other than to circumvent Roku's Terms of Service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos