Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandru680
Level 7

No Search option in roku and no Amazon Prime Video in Channel Store : in australia

Jump to solution

HI ,

I live in Melbourne,Australia.

I have recently got the roku ultra from amazon US. When I started using, to my surprise unable to find the search option in the home page and also no amazon prime channel present in channel store.

One of the reason I bought this device is to use amazon prime.

It would be great if you can advise how this can be worked out, so I can have good experience  with Roku.

Regards,

Jey

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: No Search option in roku and no Amazon Prime Video in Channel Store : in australia

Jump to solution

Roku isn't supported in Australia. Anywhere Roku isn't officially supported, it's use at your own risk.

Many many apps aren't available where Roku isn't supported, even if the service otherwise is available. Amazon is one of the many that fall into this category.

Unless and until Roku is supported in Australia, or until Amazon decides to assume the risk of supporting an app in a device-unsupported region, you won't find it.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: No Search option in roku and no Amazon Prime Video in Channel Store : in australia

Jump to solution

Roku isn't supported in Australia. Anywhere Roku isn't officially supported, it's use at your own risk.

Many many apps aren't available where Roku isn't supported, even if the service otherwise is available. Amazon is one of the many that fall into this category.

Unless and until Roku is supported in Australia, or until Amazon decides to assume the risk of supporting an app in a device-unsupported region, you won't find it.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

View solution in original post