Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Micallie
Channel Surfer

No Search Option in South Africa

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and I'm based in South Africa but unable to get a search option. Please can someone assist.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Search Option in South Africa

Roku isn't supported in your region.  It will work, but many features won't be available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Micallie
Channel Surfer

1) What is stopping them from being available?

2) All merchandise & branding should then make it clear that many material value adds are actually not available as this is misleading and false advertising.

0 Kudos
Micallie
Channel Surfer

3) How hard can it be to add a search function on the website or roku device or app ?????

4) What does region have to do with that functionality ?

5) Have you ever tried to look for a channel when no search functionality exists? It is painful to scroll through hundreds of channel icon looking for something.

6) Roku needs to up their game and take some initiative and accountability if they are to continue selling their devices in South Africa!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Micallie,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are inquiring about the Roku Search feature.

Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Roku Search is available in Spanish in Mexico and the United States.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search? | Official Roku Support

Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand our presence soon.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Micallie
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately we have already experienced years without any support in South Africa and my patience has run out. I have given my old roku away and returned the new one I just bought under the mistaken assumption that the newer models would now work. 

0 Kudos