Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piero
Channel Surfer

No Roku Home Screen

Jump to solution

I own a ROKU Streaming Stick + 3810X which has always worked flawlessly since my purchase in 2020 in conjunction with STARZ. However, lately I have temporarily discontinued my subscription to STARZ and, like magic, my ROKU logo keeps moving on my TV screen without displaying the ROKU HOME SCREEN and ROKU free movies choice. My guess is that has happened as a result of my no-active subscription in my account which also precluded my free choice to ROKU's movies.

Am I correct, or am I facing a failure of my Streaming Stick Plus OR its Remote Control?

Any suggestion....to resolve my problem will be highly appreciated!

Thank you - Piero Bassi

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Roku Home Screen

Jump to solution

That's definitely a Roku screen saver. City Stroll, I think.

It could very well be the remote is bad. But I'd suggest rebooting the Stick+ first. Cut power to it. Unplug it from the wall, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in. You'll get the bouncing Roku screen and it will complete the bootup and give you the home screen. Have the remote close by the device in case it asks you to pair it.

Once it finishes booting, and if it doesn't ask you to pair, try the remote. If it work, well it works. If it doesn't then press the pairing button for around 3-5 seconds. The exact procedures are in the paperwork that came with your Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

Piero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Piero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

DBDukes,

You were right!! I followed your suggested procedure to disconnect the Streaming Stick from the TV HDMI port, riconnect it, the remote went through a pairing procedure and everything worked well.

BRAVO!! You did a great job. Thank you again for your perseverance in helping me.

Thank you again - Piero  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Piero wrote:

I own a ROKU Streaming Stick + 3810X which has always worked flawlessly since my purchase in 2020 in conjunction with STARZ. However, lately I have temporarily discontinued my subscription to STARZ and, like magic, my ROKU logo keeps moving on my TV screen without displaying the ROKU HOME SCREEN and ROKU free movies choice. My guess is that has happened as a result of my no-active subscription in my account which also precluded my free choice to ROKU's movies.

Am I correct, or am I facing a failure of my Streaming Stick Plus OR its Remote Control?

Any suggestion....to resolve my problem will be highly appreciated!

Thank you - Piero Bassi

Nope. It doesn't matter about any subscription at all. A Roku device works regardless of any subscription or lack of a subscription.

My guess is your Roku is displaying a screen save with the Roku logo, and your remote isn't working. Check the batteries.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Piero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I replaced the remote control batteries and now I see the Roku logo showing the city building with the skyscrapers in the background but none of the front buttons of the remote control work. Only the little green light below the batteries cover keep blinking even if I attempt to push on the "pairing"  button.

I am afraid my remote control.....is dead!!

Do I have to re-purchase a new Streaming Stick + or only the remote control? 

Besides, my Streaming Stick may still.....enjoy a warranty as I purchase it in May of 2020.

In any case, thank you for your help.

Piero Bassi

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

That's definitely a Roku screen saver. City Stroll, I think.

It could very well be the remote is bad. But I'd suggest rebooting the Stick+ first. Cut power to it. Unplug it from the wall, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in. You'll get the bouncing Roku screen and it will complete the bootup and give you the home screen. Have the remote close by the device in case it asks you to pair it.

Once it finishes booting, and if it doesn't ask you to pair, try the remote. If it work, well it works. If it doesn't then press the pairing button for around 3-5 seconds. The exact procedures are in the paperwork that came with your Roku.

DBDukes

Piero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Piero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

DBDukes,

You were right!! I followed your suggested procedure to disconnect the Streaming Stick from the TV HDMI port, riconnect it, the remote went through a pairing procedure and everything worked well.

BRAVO!! You did a great job. Thank you again for your perseverance in helping me.

Thank you again - Piero  

0 Kudos
Piero
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

BRAVO, BRAVO, it worked very well.

Piero Bassi

0 Kudos