Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madmax559
Reel Rookie

No OSD Volume display when Roku streaming stick is connected to a reciever

Roku ->  HDMI 3 (eArc) on Onkyo Reciever with 4k passthrough

Receiver HDMI out to Samsung QN90A eArc on TV. TV audio out is to HDMI

Volume up/down on remote shows    +/- Receiver (HDMI) on TV but does not show the actual volume number

Now, this used to work with my earlier, Streaming Stick +  & I just switched that out to the newer 2021 model & ran into the above issue.

I set the tv to speaker out & re-ran remote setup on Roku & then switched audio to HDMI & the issue still persists. I think this could be a bug in the new stick or new firmware 10.5

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No OSD Volume display when Roku streaming stick is connected to a reciever

@madmax559

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue. Can you please provide us with more information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-what external devices are you connecting in your home theater setup

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
madmax559
Reel Rookie

Re: No OSD Volume display when Roku streaming stick is connected to a reciever

Hi  Danny,

I managed to figure out the issue

The Onkyo receiver OSD will show when the output signal is 1080p. There is no OSD overlay on a 4k signal

Now, it looks like the Roku does get some data, so it could display volume level, since the tv is then using cec to control the external speaker (aka the onkyo)

I hope this helps. There is no fix for this apart from either buying a new receiver or roku implementing the workaround suggested above so its independent of any specific brand

0 Kudos