Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retexan599

No Closed Captions On Roku NASA Channel(s)

Jump to solution

I have closed captions set to Always On (via the * button).  I can see closed captions on several apps/channels such as various movies.  Some do not provide closed captions, and I understand that is a function of the individual provider.  However, I feel quite certain that the NASA channels do provide closed captioning, as I can see them on my computer browser.  However, in the Roku NASA app, none of the NASA channels will show closed captions.  I have tried removing and re-adding the NASA channel but closed captions do not show up.  Will appreciate any advice. 

My setup:Roku Smart Soundbar (purchased 10/20/2019 from Best Buy)

Model 9101X

Serial: YL00GU361767

Software Version:  10.5.0

Build 4210-95 (last update 1/10/2022

Roku Smart Soundbar (purchased 10/20/2019 from Best Buy)
Model 9101X
Serial: YL00GU361767
Software Version: 10.5.0
Build 4210-95 (last update 1/10/2022)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Closed Captions On Roku NASA Channel(s)

Jump to solution

@retexan599

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Closed Captions On Roku NASA Channel(s)

Jump to solution

@retexan599

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos