Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me10lee83
Level 7

No CEC devices error on TV, no audio from TV on Roku

I had my Roku soundbar setup and with my Vizio SmarTV via HDMI to the ARC HDMI port and everything was working fine then I had to unplug the TV power because it wasn't responding when trying to turn it on. Since then I get no TV sound out of Roku (sound from Roku streaming works fine). I just did a factory reset of the TV but same thing.

When I check the CEC settings in the TV it's enabled. I had it do a search for devices and it said no CEC devices found. I swapped HDMI cables but same thing. I've checked Roku for a software update but it's already up to date.

Did the ARC port on the TV go bad? Is there a problem with Roku? With 2 HDMI cables? (This one seems unlikely)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No CEC devices error on TV, no audio from TV on Roku

1) You didnt mention your Roku's firmware version:  Settings/System/About ("up to date" is meaningless because Roku uses model-specific releases and staggered rollouts)

2) Turn off and Unplug your Roku soundbar and your TV from AC power for 5-10 minutes.

3) Then plug in and fully power up the soundbar (give it a few minutes).

5) Plug in and fully power on the TV.

4) Search for devices/Check sound (verify the Vizio is configured for HT/external audio)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos