Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davmwill
Channel Surfer

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku

Go to Settings, Wi-Fi, and make sure it is "on", ie green, and connected to the same network as the ROKU device and tv. The code will not appear until those criteria are met. I am not sure what a "handoff" is.

0 Kudos
davmwill
Channel Surfer

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku - Solved

The code will not appear until your Apple device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the ROKU and tv. I made the mistake of assuming my iPhone was connected to Wi-Wi, but it was only connected to my cellular account when I checked settings.

0 Kudos
Hayden_L

Well I typed this out nicely, but then it was lost I guess.

I had the same issue. A couple notes: you should set the TV up in homekit first, then any device that is having issues with a code showing up, go into settings and make your device 'forget' the network. Then reconnect. I recommend giving the TV a new name in homekit so you can see if your device is seeing it correctly once it has the new name.

With homekit, the QR code that shows up on the TV must be scanned in the 'add a device' page in the homekit app. It will not work just with your normal camera.

What worked for me: used my iphone to connect to the tv, my mac was having issues. I set up tv in homekit w/my iphone. Then I noticed my mac didn't 'see' the device when I opened home kit on my mac. I went to settings on my mac and 'forgot' my current wifi. Then I reconnected, entered the wifi password, and it immediately recognized the renamed tv and allowed me to screenshare. No password required because the TV was linked to homekit at that point.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
SH7
Reel Rookie

Same issue.  Phone is on same wifi as TV.  Settings are correct and no code appears. 

0 Kudos
davmwill
Channel Surfer

Is your phone set to wifi as opposed to just cellular? It does not matter that you are on the same network if you do not have your phone set to use wifi as well. That was the problem I had.

0 Kudos
SH7
Reel Rookie

Yep, even if I turn cellular off and use wifi only.  Bummer. 

0 Kudos
Nikki88_

All mine does is show airplay on the screen asks for a code on my phone but no code on the tv and then it directly goes back to the Roku Home Screen and when I go into the airplay settings on the Roku it shows AirPlay on the screen but no settings at all and goes back to the Home Screen again 

pharaoh

mine was doing the same thing. go to settings then system and find “restart”. it’ll just turn it on and off again. it worked for me 

0 Kudos
Jaida_247

i see “apple airplay and homekit” but when i select it there is no option to turn airplay on or off, it just tells me that i can stream and to enable fast tv start for best experience. it also sats i’ll be redirected o apple airplay and homekit setting for setup but when i click “airplay” shows with nothing else and then exits out after two minutes.

0 Kudos
davmwill
Channel Surfer

I do not have an Apple. Read the other responses and see if they help. My problem was not having all of my settings right. Many problems like this (where thousands get it working ok) is something simple like forgetting to plug a device in.

0 Kudos