Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoWhammys

Re: No Airplay connect code appearing on Roku

I am having the exact same problem.  Please advise.  

Thank you!

Mwr

Re: AirplAy

I have the same problem, but Roku also doesn’t show up on my AirPlay option, and it is powered to “on”

Apple Airplay Required Code

I recently purchased a brand new Roku Tv and I find the Apple airplay feature be very nice and convenient. However, today I tried to go into my airplay settings and chance the "Require Code" setting. It would not allow me to do so it was shaded over gray and I was unable to select it so I may change it. Does anyone know how to get past this?

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Apple Airplay Required Code

@JacobPalnud wrote:

I recently purchased a brand new Roku Tv and I find the Apple airplay feature be very nice and convenient. However, today I tried to go into my airplay settings and chance the "Require Code" setting. It would not allow me to do so it was shaded over gray and I was unable to select it so I may change it. Does anyone know how to get past this?

Contact the TV manufacturer/Roku/Apple:

Roku chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help)

or message @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Bagriansky

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Chillbill

Re: Airplay issue with QR code

Had same problem. Couldn’t pair phone to tv. Try this: Roku Settings; Apple airplay/HomeKit; require code; select “reset paired devices” now your phone should detect your tv in Screen Mirror. No QR code needed. You should now be able to access airplay features. Worked for me. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

I have the 3810x - Ruko streaming stick+ with software version 9.4.0 build 4190-50 with an iPhone XR running OS 14.2 and I see “No usable data found." when scanning QR to set-up as well

0 Kudos
davmwill
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem with no code for Airplay and QR scanner does not work for Homekit. The tv display is as you show. Nor does my iPhone ask for the 4 digit code. My iPhone allows me to play a tv show and I see the Airplay icon but the only device listed is my iPhone. All devices are on the same ATT WiFi network. I have a Roku Ultra 2019 and iPhone 6, and all software on the Roku and iPhone are up to date.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davmwill
Channel Surfer

I see on the tv screen in Roku what you describe. There is no Airplay code. When I go to HBO Max on my iPhone and click on the Airplay icon it only shows my iPhone as a device, my Roku is not listed. I can play a movie on my iPhone but not on my tv via Roku. According to instructions I have seen on the internet, you have to enter the 4 digit code for the Roku device to connect. You cannot do that if Airplay does not display the code when it boots. Just having Airplay "on" in Roku does not work.

0 Kudos