Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aiea24
Level 7

No 4K HDR Dolby Vision

I have a 2019 Vizio V505-G- 4K HDR TV stand-alone Roku Ultra Model 4640 X Software 9.2.0 Build 4807-29 (as of 2/9/2020) hooked up via 8K HDCP 2.2 certified HDMI cable. I am capable of watching 4K, but the output is spotty at best. Netflix does not stream at all in 4K, YouTube has no problems. I am currently watching Better Call Saul on Netflix on my Smartcast App on the TV and the tags at the top register Ultra HD 4K. On the Roku Ultra, it does not and streams only on 1060 HD. Strange? But guess what, why can my TV stream in 4K HDR w/Dolby Vision and the stand-alone Roku Ultra can't? I was reserved for not using the built-in Netflix app on any TV because of poor performance in the past. Now it's just the opposite. My TV HDMI (HDCP 2.2) connections in the TV are enabled for HDR. Audio set to Auto. What's going on? I paid for 4K performance and I am not getting it!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Re: No 4K HDR Dolby Vision

Sounds like you should contact Netflix.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
aiea24
Level 7