Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No 4K HDR Dolby Vision

I have a 2019 Vizio V505-G- 4K HDR TV stand-alone Roku Ultra Model 4640 X Software 9.2.0 Build 4807-29 (as of 2/9/2020) hooked up via 8K HDCP 2.2 certified HDMI cable. I am capable of watching 4K, but the output is spotty at best. Netflix does not stream at all in 4K, YouTube has no problems. I am currently watching Better Call Saul on Netflix on my Smartcast App on the TV and the tags at the top register Ultra HD 4K. On the Roku Ultra, it does not and streams only on 1060 HD. Strange? But guess what, why can my TV stream in 4K HDR w/Dolby Vision and the stand-alone Roku Ultra can't? I was reserved for not using the built-in Netflix app on any TV because of poor performance in the past. Now it's just the opposite. My TV HDMI (HDCP 2.2) connections in the TV are enabled for HDR. Audio set to Auto. What's going on? I paid for 4K performance and I am not getting it!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: No 4K HDR Dolby Vision

Sounds like you should contact Netflix.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did, not Help yet.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

its a weekend be patient.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The problem isn't Roku Ultra. It sounds like you need to upgrade your Netflix subscription so that it will stream some (not all) content in HDR10/Dolby Vision formats (ie: 4K). Once you do that, you'll see Netflix content such as the Marvel shows like Luke Cage is indeed available in Ultra HD or Dolby Vision. But you have to pay to play as it'll cost $15.99 to upgrade to the 4K streaming through Netflix. But it's all worth it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No 4K HDR Dolby Vision *CORRECTION*

Actually, Roku Ultra doesn't support Dolby Vision yet. Which is strange since Roku is the top streaming box on the planet. I think there's a licensing issue with Dolby that's causing the problem. So Roku Ultra can ONLY support HDR10 (ie: 4k). Nevertheless, you still need to upgrade your Netflix subscription to the 4K streaming service which will cost you $15.99 a month. Once you do that, you'll see the 4k content on Netflix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No 4K HDR Dolby Vision *CORRECTION*

I have been watching several series and movies in 4K HDR Dolby Vision on Prime Video using a 4K Fire Stick. However my Roku Streaming Stick+ doesn't apparently support Dolby Vision...The difference in color gamut between Dolby Vision and "Standard" is huge.

When will Roku support Dolby Vision (or should I go back to using my 4K Fire Stick to watch 4K content)?

0 Kudos