Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hadron
Level 7

Night mode / Volume leveling

Much confusion out there as to which players currently support volume leveling and nigh mode.
1.  Does the 4661 have this feature?
2.  Does this feature work to the HDMI port or only to the headphone jack?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Night mode / Volume leveling

@Hadron 

Hey there! You can see which Roku device models support volume modes here: 

https://support.roku.com/article/226802507-how-do-i-use-volume-modes-on-my-roku-streaming-device-

These modes should work across both sources. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hadron
Level 7

Thanks.  I had read that FAQ before posting my questions.
There is nothing in the FAQ as to my qustion 2: 
     Does Volume Leveling work to ALL Roku output ports, meaning HDMI, Optical, and earbuds?

Can you please answer that question.
0 Kudos
Hadron
Level 7

Also, does volume leveling work when playing Pandora music?
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 11

Why would one need night mode on earbuds? They are already stereo-only, and you control the volume via the remote. Perhaps leveling mode might be worthwhile.
0 Kudos
Hadron
Level 7

Tanner, do you really work for ROKU?

Pandora playback is all over the place for different radio stations, even to earbuds.

Please answer my questions:

1.  Does Volume Leveling work to ALL Roku output ports, meaning HDMI, Optical, and earbuds?
2. Does it work for Pandora playback?

If you don't know the answers to my questions, please don't reply...

Thanks.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

@Hadron
Dude. You’re being a jackass. Don’t be a jackass.

Your first question was about the 4661. Tanner sent you the link to the FAQ which clearly said the 4661 was supported. You fired back you already read the FAQ. If you did, you didn’t read it clearly, or you didn’t comprehend it. So you started out being a jackass.

You also asked about HDMI or headphones:
"Hadron" wrote:
2.  Does this feature work to the HDMI port or only to the headphone jack?

Tanner answered that question:
"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
These modes should work across both sources.

Then you said he didn’t answer the question, only you changed the question:
"Hadron" wrote:
Thanks.  I had read that FAQ before posting my questions.
There is nothing in the FAQ as to my qustion 2: 
     Does Volume Leveling work to ALL Roku output ports, meaning HDMI, Optical, and earbuds?

Can you please answer that question.

Only, your change to the question is, well, ignorant. None of the devices listed in the FAQ have optical output. The Ultra 4640 has optical output, but it’s not listed the the FAQ. So that left the two outputs that he did address. He answered your question.

Then you had a new question:
"Hadron" wrote:
Also, does volume leveling work when playing Pandora music?

Then without an answer, you got all huffy:
"Hadron" wrote:
Tanner, do you really work for ROKU?

Pandora playback is all over the place for different radio stations, even to earbuds.

Please answer my questions:

1.  Does Volume Leveling work to ALL Roku output ports, meaning HDMI, Optical, and earbuds?
2. Does it work for Pandora playback?

If you don't know the answers to my questions, please don't reply...

Thanks.

Tanner is gonna be polite, because that’s who he is. But everyone else but you realizes you’re being a jackass. But now you do too!

You’ve already been told it works on HDMI and earphones. None of the devices supported have optical, so that doesn’t apply.

I’m not gonna address Pandora. I expect it would, but I neither know nor care. I don’t use it.

You come here acting like a jackass out of arrogance or ignorance (or both). The Roku employees won’t call you what you are. But I will. Now, if you wanna have a discussion on how you should talk to others, open an Off Topic thread and I’ll jump right in. I’ll take the hits. Will you?

Personally, I’d just as soon see you go away for another 3-4 years like last time. But if you got issues, act decent and folks will help you. Heck, they’ve already helped you with you acting the way you are, but you can’t see it. Act like you got some raising and things will go just fine.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Hadron
Level 7

Dude,  "should work" in by book does not mean it DOES work.
Before buying I need to make sure it DOES work.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hadron 

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing. Apologies for the delay here. 

- Does this issue occur on other channels (apps) on your device?
- Have you contacted Pandora support yet to report the issue you are running into in their channel (app) on Roku? 
- Do you observe any issues when trying to use the feature between one source to another, or when using remote private listening? 

More information about what you're experiencing will help us investigate a possible issue you are running into. Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of the Roku device you are using, along with all the details around any observed issue you're encountering. I'd be happy to follow up with you further from there to see how we can assist or help clarify supported functionality. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Johnnyteach
Level 7

I have the leveling but once I turned it on I couldn't turn it back off. Now all the sound coming through the tv has a very annoying echo. Tried resetting factory settings turn the tv off tried all the settings and nothing works to turn that off. Almost bad enough to buy a whole new television.
0 Kudos