Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New_Daddy
Level 7

Newest Roku model that permits customized network settings?

I'm in the market for a new Roku.
One of the reasons for upgrading my outdated Roku 2 XS is that it doesn't have network customization.
I need to be able to change at least the default gateway.

Which newest model allows network customization?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Newest Roku model that permits customized network settings?

They all run the same software so I think you are kind of hosed there.  I remember at one time there was a secret menu for network settings so you could set a static IP.  Check with your router device.  If you're savvy enough to have multiple gateways then you probably have an above average firewall/router package.  With pfSense you can set a static DHCP reservation and point that device at a different gateway.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Newest Roku model that permits customized network settings?

As said, no Roku provides such ability. I just tried several of the hidden menus on my Insignia TV, and while I found a screen that showed what a static IP setting is set to, I couldn't find any way to edit it. And the same screen said static IP was disabled. It doesn't appear that you can set a static IP even in a hidden menu, unless there's a new hidden menu that hasn't been publicized yet.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos