Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebb15
Reel Rookie

New remote wont pair. have tried everything from the support page

I recieved a roku tv as a hand-me-down, it had no remote. I assume the previous owner was using his phone. I do not have the wifi name or password of the previous owner (I can't get ahold of him) so I cannot use the hotspot trick to connect to wifi. I bought a new roku remote with voice activation and it will not pair. When I hit the button to pair it, the screen loads for a while and then quits trying. I am not sure what  to do from here, help! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mopey63

Re: New remote wont pair. have tried everything from the support page

The following is the advice I was given also, I hope this helps:

take the batteries out of the remote.

Use a paper clip to poke in the reset hole somewhere on the back of the Premiere

and hold the button inside down a good 30 seconds.

Let the Roku reset

Put the batteries back in the remote and it should pair now.

0 Kudos
ebb15
Reel Rookie

what is the premiere? Is that the remote or the tv? Because I tried the button on the remote 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You should factory reset the tv and sign in with your own account. There should be reset pinhole on the top or bottom of the  input panel. With tv powered, press or depress the reset button for at least 30 seconds. Once it comes back at language screen, start pressing the pairing button in the battery compartment for 5 seconds and release, let it communicate with the Roku. It is alright if the light goes out, just don't touch a thing until you get a done on screen.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos