Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itsbeez
Channel Surfer

Re: New * options menu is NOT an improvement

The bleep in my post was for a word so scary that you need to hide your children now... It sounds like slappy, but starts with cr. Roku has some tough filters 🤔

0 Kudos
Zombiedawg
Reel Rookie

Did yall ever figure out what to do about the options menu issue? I too hate this setup. At one point it reverted back to the good one briefly, but went right back to the worthless one.

WayneMed
Channel Surfer

No. Roku basically said 'get bent'

0 Kudos
dan6
Channel Surfer

Yeah, I'm still waiting as well. Did they hear us? I haven't heard anybody say anything positive about this change. This definitely degrades the ROKU experience for me! 

Zombiedawg
Reel Rookie

They were less than helpful

Zombiedawg
Reel Rookie

Yeah, they don't seem to give a. I just got the same canned answers and told to check with my TV manufacturer. I told them because this is about a Roku update and people with different brands of TV aren't all having the same issue because of their TVs.     

rollmebacknow
Channel Surfer

It's so sad to see them downgrade themselves. Run folks. Run far away from this sinking ship if you can find a lifeboat that hasn't been launched. 

0 Kudos
dan6
Channel Surfer

Danny, to what question are you giving that answer to? Had nothing to do with this thread but it did have an attitude! Why won't anybody from ROKU provide any information regarding this last update that has made using ROKU less enjoyable for a lot of us? I've heard nothing positive about the changes. Never had any issues with ROKU until now.

0 Kudos
rollmebacknow
Channel Surfer

In the short bit of time I've been Roku OS conscript due to my choice of tv purchase I've learned to conflate and associate their brand with one simple brutal and unbending truth:

Roku = obnoxious firmware updates.

If that's the impression they want newer users to take away from their platform ecosystem then well...  you can't fix stupid.