Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

New guide (July 6, 2020)

A new guide TOOK OVER MY TV this afternoon (2:00 pm, PDT, July 6, 2020)! How do I get the 'old' one back??? This new one s*cks, you can't go back to the previous program anymore!!! WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WAS WORKING JUST FINE??????????

48 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New guide (July 6, 2020)

Was a surprise to me as well.

Highlighted
Level 8

Aren't surprises generally a good thing? Well, this new guide isn't! Hitting some of the 'regular' buttons on the remote sends me on a loop that is so ANNOYING!

Thanks for your 'commiseration'.

Highlighted
Level 7

The new guide is blacking out my local channels. I can hear audio and see the guide but when I click on any channel, it's a black screen with options beneath it. All my apps are fine, it's just the guide.

Highlighted
Level 8

Yeah, it's really horrible and now the Roku Live TV channels have been dispersed within my antenna channels without my permission and no way to change it. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I tried deleting the Roku Channel app (and restarting), but the streaming channels still appear in the guide.  So it appears to get from the bottom of the OTA list to the top you now need to either scroll up through the entire OTA guide or down through what appears to be hundreds of streaming channels.

Also, I now don't see an option to disable "Favorites" in Settings, so hopefully that nuisance "feature" doesn't return to the guide.

Too bad, the OTA guide was the main reason I chose to buy a Roku TV.  At least it was cheap enough to replace if they don't fix the functionality to allow hiding all the time wasting junk.

Highlighted

Hate the new guide - I'm mostly ok with adding in streaming channels if its an app I added, but removing the corresponding app should remove the channels - and in this case it does not.

What a mess

Highlighted
Level 8

Yes it seems they deleted antenna TV and replaced it their Roku TV app disguised as “live tv”. It’s an update requested not by users, but marketing. Maybe make your Roku tv better so people want to use it rather than forcing them! 

Highlighted

I HATE the new guide with streaming channels!!! Need option to go back the way it was!!!

Highlighted
Level 8

I can’t recommend Roku tv anymore. That’s how stupid this change is!