Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnodon
Level 8

Re: New guide (July 6, 2020)

I love the new guide also.  It provides content in guide format that I would otherwise have to open an additional app to see.  Samsungs have this same feature.

That being said, there should be a way to disable the integration with Live TV.  And, I also agree with the loss of Favorites.  Maybe Roku is just working on finally giving this option to the users to select Favs rather than being decided by frequency.

ps. You can press the FF and RW buttons to scroll through the guide a page at a time.

TennisFan
Level 8

Johnodon's post explains my thoughts on the new guide.

0 Kudos
Therapistjwc
Level 8

Done.  What a cluster.

Mleu
Level 8

@johnodon What content is available that wasn’t before? It seems the same to me, only more clustered and slower. 

lawrence_jeff
Level 8

On a Roku tv, the live TV option use to have a guide only for your ota tuner (and you could disable junk channels, ex st.louis has an ota shopping channel) so maybe 15 guide rows to scan through. Now they added about 100 streaming channels into that in an attempt to drive ad revenue and there is no way to remove or quickly scroll through them

Djsept15
Level 7

My tv comes with a little remote that does not include a key pad so I have to scroll thru all the channels and my favorite settings were reset.  Not cool, Roku.

Wal
Level 7

Ain't that the truth. This has added 105 channels from what appears to be Pluto Tv Live, of which we watch 2. No way to get rid of the remaining 103 that we don't watch. What a royal hemorrhoid. Thanks Roku for nothing.

Mleu
Level 8

I emailed customer support to complain:

The new guide/live TV for use with the antenna is extremely inconvenient to use. Takes almost 10 seconds for the channel to even appear, can’t go to my favorites, it starts on the guide and not on the channel like before, and all the added “streaming channels” are very interruptive since you have to scroll through hundreds of channels now to find the one you want (I only use about 5-6 channels!). Please change it.

and received this reply:

Thank you contacting Roku customer support. I understand that you would like to remove the free live streaming channels of "The Roku channel" from the Antenna TV. 

This is new feature for the Roku TV users who are using an HD antenna, where you’ll be able view over-the-air content alongside all of our over-the-top programming within the Live TV Channel Guide. 

Thank you for providing your feedback about this new feature. At this time, we do not have an option to remove the free live streaming channels of The Roku channel from the Antenna TV. However, we will pass the feedback to our team, your insights and comments will help us improve our products & services. 

Hoping that if enough people bring up the issues they’ll fix them...
leegabs
Level 8

Horrible change... boooooo Roku!

I sent an email complaining about this **bleep** of adding streaming listings to the local tv listing. It is NOT local tv. Get it off!

My email: "I do NOT like the new Live TV listing force upon us. On my Antenna TV I want only my local channels and NOTHING more. This forced listing that cannot be altered or removed is advertising harassment. Please remove it. There are many threads in the "community" help and nearly all are complaining. If I have to do a work around in order to get rid of all these unwanted listings I will not use Roku in the future and will look for another streaming service. Clean up the Antenna TV listing or I'm out!"

cincia
Level 7

the new guide is terrible! Its slow, doesn't add any info I'm interested in, freezes up, takes data forever to load.  I HATE it.  The guide doesn't work correctly anymore, when I select a channel it may take me to that channel or any other it chooses.  I then have to figure out which channel I'm on (the guide is no use since its so slow it no longer shows the correct channel I'm on) and arrow up or down until I find the channel I want.  Once they change the schedule I'm hosed!  Did I mention that I HATE the new guide?  If roku doesn't correct this I think its time to look for another option.  I have had roku for years (on all my tv's) and have recommended them to many people.  I feel that I can no longer recommend them until this is corrected. Smiley Sad