Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CitzenCain
Level 9

Re: New guide (July 6, 2020)

I now have 105  streaming channels added to what was suppose to be a antenna TV guide. I can't find anyway of deleting them  a factory reset is my last resort. What in god's name was Roku thinking !

Jayaro
Level 9

Just agreeing with everyone else that it sucks. You can’t turn it off. It slows the guide down a ton. When you open the tv input now it starts on the guide instead of the last channel which is another button to push to start watching antenna tv. Will also probably make some people go over their data caps if they are unaware they are on an internet channel. 

CitzenCain
Level 9

I would suggest contacting Roku support and filing a complaint. Maybe if enough complaints are recieved they will address this issue. 

https://support.roku.com/contactus

bratface
Level 8

That's the first thing I did, then I came here hoping that others might be hating this change. Remember in most instances 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'! So I hope they are deluged with complaints!

CitzenCain
Level 9

On Roku's company news page https://blog.roku.com/live-tv-channel-guide  They are calling this " The new Live TV Channel Guide gives you a convenient way to discover and watch live TV"  I had enough problems trying to change channels before if adding another 105 channels to this TV guide is convenient I would hate to see difficult. 

Mleu
Level 8

It’s so annoying, and the worst part is how it comes unannounced and they try to make it sound like it’s a great new update but it’s really just not. I hope they listen to complaints and change it back. 

bratface
Level 8

And conveniently didn't enable comments!  Maybe that deep down they know it stinks but were so far in it to change their minds? I wish there was a way to hack into all Roku's & leaving a message for everyone to contact Roku & tell them the new guide SUCKS! I don't have the skills but I'm sure someone out there does?

ABC10000
Level 7

+1 about change to the guide format.  I submitted a complaint to customer support before posting here as another post suggested.  Here's what I sent:

COMPLAINT - recently (around 7/5/2020) Roku changed the TV guide that is part of the Roku TV. Please revert to previous version. It is information overload, adds no value to searching TV lists and has no obvious way to control which channels get displayed. To the contrary, it is slow to scroll through, and I can see the screen actually dim when scrolling through the TV channel list. In short, it is disadvantageous to use and adds unwanted noise.

TennisFan
Level 8

I love the new changes!

rm5
Level 9