Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New device, new account by mistake

Bought new device, set up new account by mistake, wat to close new account and then link new device to my existing account. Also why doesn’t Roku provide actual human customer service?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New device, new account by mistake

Because that would cost money and until it affects their stock price I doubt they'll feel it's necessary.

The only way to link to a different account is to perform a factory reset.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-How-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Thanks. I want to close the new account I set up. Then. I want to connect the new device to the account I already have. I have passwords for both accounts 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Like @renojim said, when you factory reset, log into the account you want to use and it will link to that account.

Then ignore the other account.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

After you have your device linked to the account you want to use, I would log into the other account and delete the payment information.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@5525

Thanks for the posts.

If you would like to close your new account that you created by accident, you can follow the steps provided by our Support page here: How do I close my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos