Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EliasDerby
Level 7

New UK boxes?

My Roku 3 is on it's way out and I was after an upgrade. What's with the lack of choice in the new lineup for the UK. I'd be more than interested in an Ultra equivalent, as I use the ethernet port on my 3 rather than WiFi, but it's just the Express or the 4K stick? Are there no other boxes available or coming out over here?

Is it just down to NOW TV blocking them? A Roku Ultra with an aerial socket like the NOW TV box would be a godsend.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
markvk
Level 7

Re: New UK boxes?

Hi i too am in this position... My Roku 3 is still going strong but i want 4 more set top box's. Im very confused with the Uk line up. The uk site is only showing the details of 2 media sticks and no set top box at all.

Now my home network is state of the art with wave 2 WIFI routers on each floor but even with such equipment if all five tvs were to steam 4K at the same i doubt it would cope and as ive gone to the trouble of hard wiring all locations i want to use the Ethernet port provided by the ultra.

Ive found the player available on Amazon at an extortionate price of £150 compared to the US price of $100 this is a bit of a stretch. event the discontinued Roku 3 which i paid £80 for 6 months ago is being offered at £140!!!! Whats going on?

Has anyone seen the new Ultra for sale at a reasonable price? is it even available for the UK market?

Any help much appreciated.
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

The only Roku kit available in the UK is the  Stick+ and the Express, in my opinion thyey should have gone with the Express+ ( will connect to older non hdmi tvs over scart) , Stick 1080p version  and Roku Ultra
0 Kudos
markvk
Level 7

guess ill have to buy from the US then or find an alternative player. all seems a little stupid to me.
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

If your buying on import, you should beware, as the BBC Iplayer ( and possibly other UK only services) will not work.
 If your worried about your wifi network, you can either get a separate wifi access point(s) for the Roku(s) or you can get amazons fire tv, that has ethernet, and/or an ethernet adpator ( in the case of the stick)
0 Kudos