Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New Simplified Live TV Channel Guide Rollout

Early this morning my Roku TV posted a 'splash screen' overlay notice. The message said that Live streaming TV channels are being added to my broadcast TV channel guide. I decided to dig further. What I soon discovered is a whole new and simple TV viewing experience. It's called 'Live TV Channel Guide'.
I wrote a blog post for newbies; but I hope to get some updates here, on the projected rollout process.

Last week, Roku posted a blog entry, discussing the upcoming merger of channel guides.  My Sharp Roku tv already got this upgrade, but my newer HiSense  Roku TV does not yet have it. I tried doing a system update, but that still didn't initiate the new feature. 
  Here's a snippet of the Roku blog article..

Live TV Channel Guide can help you find information about “over-the-air” movies and TV shows broadcasting in your area today and in the coming weeks, along with details for programs offered for free from over 150 live streaming TV channels on The Roku Channel like ABC News, Lively Place, and more. With Live TV Channel Guide, your TV listings are combined into a single channel grid, letting you quickly find your favorite free, live TV.

0 Kudos