Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: New Roku Ultra - Dolby Vision!

Good catch. I wonder if someone in marketing used an early prototype photo for it? I'll be shocked if the remote can be had with programmable buttons. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I just looked at a product video on the Roku Express page, same thing in the video. Unbranded buttons on the remote. Given how litigious society is these days, I am surprised they aren't more careful about that.

And I agree, I have no doubt all the devices come with branded buttons on the remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I sure hope the new Ultra will allow for frame matching. My tv can not do 4K DV 60fps, only 4K DV 24fps. If not, I will not be buying.  There is no reason that in 2020 that Roku can't have a frame match feature similar to a 3 year old ATV4K that allows for 4K24 DV via Netflix and other apps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Anyone know if it will have the micro SD card slot?  It didn’t look like it from the pics.  It supposedly made certain apps load faster.  I’m guessing the new ultra doesn’t need the speed boost since it looks to be omitted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@ramey wrote:

Anyone know if it will have the micro SD card slot?  It didn’t look like it from the pics.  It supposedly made certain apps load faster.  I’m guessing the new ultra doesn’t need the speed boost since it looks to be omitted.

Yeah, from the pictures I don't think there is one any longer. I have to say I've never used on in either of my Ultras, and it's never really been an issue. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Most likely that picture with the blank buttons is designed to be generic. From what I've read, the "X", "R", and "RW" and possibly "EU"(?) versions only differ on the programmed buttons on the included remotes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Will this new Ultra Dolby Vision work with Sony TVs? I have a XBR65X900F which does not "work and play well" with other Dolby Vision devices. Sony apparently has their "own" type of Dolby Vision, so in order to watch it, you have to use a smart TV or a Sony device(DVD player). I have other devices, such as LG, Roku... that have Dolby Vision, but the Sony TV doesn't recognize the Dolby Vision... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@tbyrd100 wrote:

Will this new Ultra Dolby Vision work with Sony TVs? I have a XBR65X900F which does not "work and play well" with other Dolby Vision devices. Sony apparently has their "own" type of Dolby Vision, so in order to watch it, you have to use a smart TV or a Sony device(DVD player). I have other devices, such as LG, Roku... that have Dolby Vision, but the Sony TV doesn't recognize the Dolby Vision... 

DV is a standard that Dolby tightly controls. I'd be shocked if it didn't play nice with a non-Sony source that offers DV. But you have to remember that the entire video chain must support DV for it to be available. So the player, any AVR that is in the video chain, and the display must all support DV. I believe that the HDMI cables must also be 18 Gbps certified to support the video bitrate. 

My TV and my Shield both support DV, but my AVR does not. So the best I can get from my Shield is HDR10. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Everyone of my devices  are DV compatible... if you do a search for Sony and LG compatibility, you will see Sony does not work with other devices, except it's own brand for DV. If you see or know of anything different, please let me know...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The newer Sony's will work just fine with all the DV profiles. 

0 Kudos