Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobNoxious
Channel Surfer

New Roku SS+ Says "Subscription Required" in search results when I have subscription signed in!

Jump to solution

So i bought my 3rd Streaming Stick +.    I have hulu, netflix, spectrum, prime, etc... all signed in on the new stick.  Verified.  It shows my netflix profiles.  Good.   Now, I try to text search and voice search for something "like The Crown" and it says it is on Netflix "Subscription Required"!    What?   My other Rokus say it is available on Netflix (since I am subscribed and signed on).   Same with other shows.   All sticks on same Roku account.  I have no idea why this is working this way.   Deleted Netflix app.  Reinstalled.  Resigned on.   Same thing.   Factory Reset.   Did it all over again.  Same thing.  Please help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobNoxious
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku SS+ Says "Subscription Required" in search results when I have subscription s

Jump to solution

SOLVED IT...    clear recent searches, restart.   Now it works!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: New Roku SS+ Says "Subscription Required" in search results when I have subscription s

Jump to solution

@BobNoxious Thanks for the note. That type of message displays as a notification that the content requires a subscription. This is intended behavior on current devices.  

If you are already signed into the channel on your Roku device, search specific content, and then simply select play, it should play normally for you. Let us know if you have any problem actually playing the content. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
BobNoxious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tanner - yes, i understand that.   on my other Roku, it will list the search results, and for services I subscribe to, like Hulu, it says "Included with subscription"   but on this new device Hulu will say "Subscription required".    Yes, selecting PLAY in either case works.   Why the change of message?

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarifying. This may relate to the version of software each device has installed. Please send me a private message with the serial numbers of both of your Roku devices from Settings>System>About, indicating the difference in messaging that displays for each. I'll help take a closer look and follow up to continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
BobNoxious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ok. email sent.   both on same version/build.  both devices appear identical.

0 Kudos
BobNoxious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

SOLVED IT...    clear recent searches, restart.   Now it works!

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know. I'll take a look at the details you sent over. Feel free to follow up via PM if you see this occurring again. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Eliz85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What u do to stop it

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Eliz85,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos